sunsetlover321
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
I have applied for Occupational Therapy and I know that I am eligible for the NHS bursary fund which is 5k a year
I am also eligible for DSA allowance but am unsure if I would get this due to NHS bursary - could you please tell me if this is the case
Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Hi,
I have applied for Occupational Therapy and I know that I am eligible for the NHS bursary fund which is 5k a year
I am also eligible for DSA allowance but am unsure if I would get this due to NHS bursary - could you please tell me if this is the case
Thank you
Hi, from your post I think you mean the new NHS Grant, not the bursary.

If you receive the 5k NHS Grant then your student finance is not affected.
If you receive an NHS Bursary then your student finance will be affected.

If you are unsure if the funding is the NHS bursary or NHS grant then I advise you to speak to the NHS or your university. As you are a new student, it should be the grant as the bursary has been phased out.

Thanks, Isaac
sunsetlover321
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, from your post I think you mean the new NHS Grant, not the bursary.

If you receive the 5k NHS Grant then your student finance is not affected.
If you receive an NHS Bursary then your student finance will be affected.

If you are unsure if the funding is the NHS bursary or NHS grant then I advise you to speak to the NHS or your university. As you are a new student, it should be the grant as the bursary has been phased out.

Thanks, Isaac
Sorry I meant the NHS bursary fund - I know that I could get DSA and am unsure if I could get DSA alongside the NHS busary fund?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Sorry I meant the NHS bursary fund - I know that I could get DSA and am unsure if I could get DSA alongside the NHS busary fund?
Are you sure it's the old NHS Bursary and not the new NHS Grant because you mentioned 5k which would be the grant.

I advise you to contact your university to make 100% sure because if you do receive the NHS bursary not the NHS grant then your funding will be affected.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.83%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.67%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (30)
25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.67%

Watched Threads