Trigonometry

Watch this thread
Chadwickharrison
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Expressing in terms of ratios of acute angles
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Chadwickharrison)
Expressing in terms of ratios of acute angles
I think you've missed out some information if you want help on a problem
Chadwickharrison
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
sin 205
davros
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Chadwickharrison)
sin 205
Are you familiar with the graph of y = sin x? Do you know some periodicity properties of the sine function or some formulae like sin(180 - x) = sin x?

Alternatively think about how the sine and cosine functions relate to the x and y coordinates of a point moving round the unit circle - where would you plot a point that has rotated through 205 degrees from the positive x-axis, and how could you construct a related similar triangle for a point in the 1st quadrant?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (38)
70.37%
No (12)
22.22%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
7.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed