The Student Room Group

fastest way to leave home?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it’s mental health and toxic family reasons and all sorts. It’s not exactly a teenager apprenticeship but I am so embarrassed about it still
I was doing well and starting to see my potential rhen watched parents break down, get a mental disability and long term unemployment and resent me for it and I just watched my future and potential also just disappear
Yeah I want out of the whole area there’s nothing but mess for me here. My ex he helped me so much but since it was a toxic unequal relationship I had to leave. I wish I didn’t because it’s better than this . I hope a good way out shows itself soon. Thanks
What do you mean by networking on LinkedIn? Do you ask people for jobs there? I msgd someone to tell me about their career path on a video call. Then learned about it and went off the idea. It’s so hard being ambitious when your family are unemployed and socially isolated it feels like you have no chance fitting in anywhere it’s weird. Like if they saw your actual life theyd never want to hire you. Major imposter syndrome and it’s obvious so they lack confidence in hiring me

Anyway thanks sorry I don’t wanna dump it all on you just felt good to get it off my chest!
Original post by Anonymous
stopping me is financial situation. I cant afford rent. Job seeking has started but will easily take months. What's the fastest way I can move out before landing a new job? I am doing a sort of apprenticeship which is less than minimum wage so i can't live off it but if i can do it all remote maybe it's something? Thoughts? Crazy plans welcome.

If your parents or whoever owns the house is okay with it, they can write you an eviction notice. Take this eviction notice to your local council and apply for homelessness, they should put you in temporary accommodation, like a ymca or a hostel (it won’t be nice but will be worth it) while they wait to find you an apartment or house, you will have to sleep every night there or they will think you’re just using them for a house, and you will pay a percentage of the rent that is deemed to be affordable for you. If you don’t have a job, apply for universal credit so that you have a means to pay your rent, bills and food.
It’s better you do this now while you don’t have a job, as the council will be willing to help you more as your financial situation is poor.
Of course tell the person who you’re asking to write your eviction notice that they won’t be judged for it, and you will be grateful for it as in the end you will be helped to find an affordable place to live.
Original post by Anonymous
If your parents or whoever owns the house is okay with it, they can write you an eviction notice. Take this eviction notice to your local council and apply for homelessness, they should put you in temporary accommodation, like a ymca or a hostel (it won’t be nice but will be worth it) while they wait to find you an apartment or house, you will have to sleep every night there or they will think you’re just using them for a house, and you will pay a percentage of the rent that is deemed to be affordable for you. If you don’t have a job, apply for universal credit so that you have a means to pay your rent, bills and food.
It’s better you do this now while you don’t have a job, as the council will be willing to help you more as your financial situation is poor.
Of course tell the person who you’re asking to write your eviction notice that they won’t be judged for it, and you will be grateful for it as in the end you will be helped to find an affordable place to live.

I made some mistakes In this reply, I meant to say after the emergency accommodation, you will pay rent for your new house or apartment. Good luck :smile:
It does seem that way, I'm glad you understand and if you got out of that situation that's enough for me to feel hopeful. My mates are in similar situations but have given up and don't want to leave home anymore. They just don't see anything for them 'out there'. It feels really sad and i feel like this social issue doesn't get spoken about much at leats about people our age, unemployment etc does but how this stuff can shape futurer generations because of a lack of support outside the family and fact that people tend to be ashamed of this situation and isolate makes it harder.

Hope so thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending