Will we ever know?

Watch this thread
supernaturals
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Do you ever think there will be things that we don't know about and we will never find out, no matter how much we advance?

We've figured out and invented so many things and as a race advancing quite well..but things like why we dream, what happens after death differs from perspective.
Last edited by supernaturals; 3 months ago
AlexanderJRL
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I think that if humans exist for long enough then we'll eventually have answers to everything from a physical perspective. I think philosophies will constantly change though.
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
My personal belief is that as humans you cannot know everything about everything in our world, let alone the potential countless worlds that could or could not exist. It's a physical and cognitive impossibility.
None of us know what waits for us beyond this Universe or beyond death for example, and that is okay.
Last edited by Funtimes01_; 3 months ago
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I feel there will never been an end to humans arguing over the existence of a God
username5899903
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don’t think one person can know everything, as I don’t think it would all fit in our brain lol, but as far as the human collective is concerned, I’m sure we could know an unlimited amount of stuff, but I don’t think we’ll ever know really everything that exists at the bottom of the ocean, or everything that exists in space, or what happens after death, or if any religions are actually real, however I believe we’ve already sort of proven some aspects of religion and magical thinking, i doubt it’s really something that could be proven scientifically even if it was real. I don’t know if we’ve even proven how your consciousness works really, I mean you can’t tell me that my entire thought process and how ive perceived my whole life experience is because of electric pulses or whatever they think it is, sure that might help just like blood moves the oxygen through our bodies but there’s no way my “soul” is an electrical signal bouncing around my brain.

There’s so much we’d like to understand, but the more we understand, the less interesting life might be, and with that much self awareness, it might be hard to stop yourself from falling into insanity, or maybe that just me lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
22.97%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (9)
12.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.51%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.32%

Watched Threads