Normal sixth form or grammar sixth form?

Watch this thread
iverer
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hiii!
So, I’ve go two choices:
-current school that has a sixth form where I know all the teachers and I can go by foot.
-grammar school but it takes 1 hour bus journey to commute. I won’t know any teachers and have to adapt to a new environment.
The school is Queen Mary’s Grammar school boys in Walsall so if anyone attends there, please tell me how the teacher are and how it’s been.

Are grammar schools that much better? Is it worth going to?
Last edited by iverer; 3 months ago
Quadrinomial
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by iverer)
Hiii!
So, I’ve go two choices:
-current school that has a sixth form where I know all the teachers and I can go by foot.
-grammar school but it takes 1 hour bus journey to commute. I won’t know any teachers and have to adapt to a new environment.
The school is Queen Mary’s Grammar school boys in Walsall so if anyone attends there, please tell me how the teacher are and how it’s been.

Are grammar schools that much better? Is it worth going to?
How is your current school - are the teachers good, are you enjoying it, are you getting good grades? If the answer is yes to all of those then it's better to stay.

If not, a grammar school will likely focus more on academics and it could push you to do well. If the 1 hour commute is each way, would you be willing to do that every day for 2 years?

Draw up a list of pros and cons, try and get some insight from sixth formers at both schools and then make an informed decision.
iverer
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I guess it’s yes to the first part of it from what I’ve experienced for the secondary school part. But, some people are saying the the Sixth Form isn’t as good so that’s a con…

Yes so 2 hours on a bus every weekday. Sounds a lot but maybe I can spend time studying on there? Or maybe that sounds too unrealistic when the bus is crowded.

I’ll will try your advice! Thank you!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Moved to Secondary school, sixth form and FE college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
11.27%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.63%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.08%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
22.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
22.54%

Watched Threads