she doesn't want a relationship

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
so i matched with this girl on tinder last week and we really hit it off and we went on a first date this friday which went great. an hour or so before the date she messaged me before the date saying she is scared of commitment because of her previous relationships but talked herself out of it and came on the date. She has since then said that the date went great and she really enjoyed it and wanted a second date... Out of the blue, she then said she was 50/50 on the second date and then said that eventhough she likes me she thinks we should stop talking as she mentally isn't ready for commitment and just wants to be single for a while. I'm not sure what to do now because i do really like the girl and we had/have a genuine connection. obviously i'm gonna respect her and not talk to her but do you think I should wait it out a month or so and see if we still have the same vibes?
Dentaldreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Don’t understand why she joined tinder if she didn’t want a relationship, but there again maybe she didn’t realise she would actually develop strong feelings?
Respect her choice of course, perhaps ask if you can remain friends? Then maybe she’ll give it another go.
Good luck
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Sounds like she has realised that she isn't ready to date or hookup and has serious personal issues that she needs to focus upon.
Best to move on.
Plenty more single fish in the dating sea, many of whom will be compatible and ready to start a new relationship.

If you are looking for a relationship rather than casual sex, you may want to steer well clear of tinder and the other hookup apps.
Most tinder users are only looking to accumulate ons or find convenient fwb's.
Good luck!
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
some people feel like they need to be in a relationship or date someone to make themselves feel loved or better about themselves but it's better being alone if you're not ready to date. being single is greattttt😌
username5889199
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The only problem is women on dating websites not looking for any relationship at all. The main reason they join is to advertise their instagram to get hundreds of followers each day. Other type of people antisocial nerds who only watch computer screen and live in a dream world. In reality they afraid to talk to any person in real life. Also tinder is more for hook ups and sex meetings i believe. You can also get robbed or even killed by mafia in the worst case.
Last edited by username5889199; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (15)
22.06%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
10.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.71%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
23.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
23.53%

Watched Threads