The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Manchester vs Birmingham which is better?

I’m applying for biochemistry and i have one last uni to apply for and I can’t decide between Birmingham or Manchester. Any advice?
Original post by Simsemil.15
I’m applying for biochemistry and i have one last uni to apply for and I can’t decide between Birmingham or Manchester. Any advice?

Manchester
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Wired_1800
Manchester

Why?
Why?

Has a better reputation and also probably a more vibrant city.
Reply 4

i couldnt decide between the two until I visited both and way preferred brum. although it has a bad name the campus and city is gorgeous and everything is within a 25 minute walk- whereas in uom, Fallowfield is a 40 minute walk from campus along a busy road. It depends whether you want to be on a campus uni or directly in the city
not sure whats better for your course
Original post by mazza03
i couldnt decide between the two until I visited both and way preferred brum. although it has a bad name the campus and city is gorgeous and everything is within a 25 minute walk- whereas in uom, Fallowfield is a 40 minute walk from campus along a busy road. It depends whether you want to be on a campus uni or directly in the city
not sure whats better for your course

Well we couldn't agree more! :wink: We know that Birmingham can struggle with its industrial history and the reputation that comes with it, but Birmingham really is a wonderful modern city. It's a great place to live as student as there is always something to do and the city itself is very friendly.

Our campus is very green, we have everything you could need all in one place, whilst we are just a stones throw from the city centre, about 7 minutes direct on the train from our very own train station. :smile: - Molly

Manchester is more prestigious, but only slightly more.

Quick Reply

Latest