Manchester vs Birmingham which is better?

Watch this thread
Simsemil.15
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m applying for biochemistry and i have one last uni to apply for and I can’t decide between Birmingham or Manchester. Any advice?
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Simsemil.15)
I’m applying for biochemistry and i have one last uni to apply for and I can’t decide between Birmingham or Manchester. Any advice?
Manchester
Simsemil.15
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Manchester
Why?
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Why?
Has a better reputation and also probably a more vibrant city.
mazza03
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
i couldnt decide between the two until I visited both and way preferred brum. although it has a bad name the campus and city is gorgeous and everything is within a 25 minute walk- whereas in uom, Fallowfield is a 40 minute walk from campus along a busy road. It depends whether you want to be on a campus uni or directly in the city
not sure whats better for your course
University of Birmingham
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mazza03)
i couldnt decide between the two until I visited both and way preferred brum. although it has a bad name the campus and city is gorgeous and everything is within a 25 minute walk- whereas in uom, Fallowfield is a 40 minute walk from campus along a busy road. It depends whether you want to be on a campus uni or directly in the city
not sure whats better for your course
Well we couldn't agree more! We know that Birmingham can struggle with its industrial history and the reputation that comes with it, but Birmingham really is a wonderful modern city. It's a great place to live as student as there is always something to do and the city itself is very friendly.

Our campus is very green, we have everything you could need all in one place, whilst we are just a stones throw from the city centre, about 7 minutes direct on the train from our very own train station. - Molly
RoyalBeams
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Manchester is more prestigious, but only slightly more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads