Medicine in Eastern Europe entry requirements

Watch this thread
khalid374648
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Anyone know what the entry requirements are for medicine abroad? I’m on track for 3A’s in alevels and have a 9-9 in gcse combined science and a 6 in maths (I have more grades but these are the only ones they seem to focus on). The only problem is I have a 4 in gcse English language, would this cause me problems in getting into a med school in Eastern Europe?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by khalid374648)
Anyone know what the entry requirements are for medicine abroad? I’m on track for 3A’s in alevels and have a 9-9 in gcse combined science and a 6 in maths (I have more grades but these are the only ones they seem to focus on). The only problem is I have a 4 in gcse English language, would this cause me problems in getting into a med school in Eastern Europe?
TSR is a UK-based forum and the Medicine part of the forum is for UK medical admission queries.

I have moved your thread to the international study forum and hopefully you will get a better response here.
username5889199
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Not recommended you will earn lowest wages in places like hospitals. Not enough money to survive. Electricity food everything is expensive. I suggest to think carefully before moving to any eastern european country.
khalid374648
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Aivax)
Not recommended you will earn lowest wages in places like hospitals. Not enough money to survive. Electricity food everything is expensive. I suggest to think carefully before moving to any eastern european country.
My question is would it be hard for me to get into the unis over there because of my 4 in English language
username5889199
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by khalid374648)
My question is would it be hard for me to get into the unis over there because of my 4 in English language
Depends where you want to go. In countries like Lithuania Latvia, Rusia they are in eastern europe. You'll need really good grades at Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry. Physics. Geology, History Archaeology and Maths. You Must have highest grades if you want to be accepted at university. Also you need to be able speak countries language not only english.
VanillaCream
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't know if one of the countries you're thinking of is Poland, but if it is, feel free to ask any questions cause I come from Poland and study medicine here.
In regards to your question about the 4 in English, I don't think it matters at all because the universities here only take into account A levels and the equivalent exams and only Biology, Chemistry and (sometimes) Maths, the grades in GCSE shouldn't really matter.
VanillaCream
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by username5889199)
Also, I wouldn't say that's true - of course right after graduation you earn little money, but I think that's the case with most uni courses and most countries (after you complete your training you obviously start earning more etc.). And the living costs here (in Poland at least) are much lower than in Western Europe. Also, you can move to another country after you graduate and don't have to stay here if you don't want to (that's what I'm planning to do )
madman890
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
I will be considering Poland next year for medicine. Any thoughts on decent medical universities?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (96)
42.86%
Not yet, but I will soon (35)
15.63%
No (93)
41.52%

Watched Threads