Is this a traffic light camera or just sensors at a crossing?

Watch this thread
Vern99
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I was driving and I went through a crossing to allow an emergency vehicle to get past but am worried I’m going to get a ticket and 3pts. Can someone tell me is this a traffic light camera that will capture it or just the puffin crossing sensors?
Looked like grey boxes, one pointing to traffic at top of the light, one pointing to crossing on each side.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It sounds like the puffin crossing sensors - you should be fine.

As an absolute peace of mind just write down the time and date & location - draw a quick map where you pulled over to - just in case you were to get a ticket. But even then you have the option to challenge it (which is very reasonable) but you would need to write to the issuing office (its on the ticket) Plus save any dash cam footage if you have it, just as later down the line insurance.

If it is part of the puffin crossing the sensors should be at either side of the crossing and part of the same pole that holds the pedestrian sensors.

Traffic light cameras are usually ugly big and yellow and about three or four car lengths before the crossing (or arial mounted way up in the air and on a higher pole or gantry.

Hope this helps?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (25)
23.58%
The paper was reasonable (47)
44.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
21.7%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
10.38%

Watched Threads