The Student Room Group

My problem with mobile gaming.

I use my phone for social media mostly, but I have one or two games to balance it out as social media can get quite overwhelming. However, playing games feels like a chore, I don't know why, and I rush to finish objectives so I can get back on social media. I even installed another game, but I haven't even opened it yet. Any advice? It's the same with trying to watch movies on my phone, just can't.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
I use my phone for social media mostly, but I have one or two games to balance it out as social media can get quite overwhelming. However, playing games feels like a chore, I don't know why, and I rush to finish objectives so I can get back on social media. I even installed another game, but I haven't even opened it yet. Any advice? It's the same with trying to watch movies on my phone, just can't.

have u tried subway surfer for my pocket pal shrek?
Most of these games are lampooned for simply not being fun, just a grim sense of satisfaction at ticking boxes. Look at the sheer lack of effort they put into them compared to other media. (even children's TV wouldn't get away with a lot of that vapid crap)

Try play Swordigo. I really liked it and the closest I got to an actual good game
Stop doing things that aren't fun...?
Original post by drea_vh
have u tried subway surfer for my pocket pal shrek?

Used to play it, I want something more graphically intense though.

Original post by Toast210
Try play Swordigo. I really liked it and the closest I got to an actual good game

Looks promising, I'll deffo give it a shot.

Original post by ozzyoscy
Stop doing things that aren't fun...?

Games are supposed to be fun though, they just kill y expectations every time I try a new one.
Games are supposed to be fun though, they just kill y expectations every time I try a new one.

Exactly - games are supposed to be fun. So stop playing games that aren't fun. It's leisure not work.

I don't play any games on mobile phones. My phone is intended for chats and calling people. If I wanted to distract myself with chats, I used the internet. The most games I tried aren't fun. And games without fun aren't games.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
I don't play any games on mobile phones. My phone is intended for chat and calling people. If I want to distract myself with chats, I used the internet. The most games I tried aren't fun. And games without fun aren't games.

Yeah, I've basically sorted things out, using BBC iPlayer to occupy my time.
I feel like the fact you feel compelled to go on social media constantly and are unable to control the urge as you have to force yourself to do other things and then try and just speed through them to go back to that original activity is something that hasn't been picked up on above but that is something you should reflect on a bit - because that doesn't seem like a very healthy behaviour pattern and especially if you do feel like you aren't able to control your usage of social media that is something you may want to speak with your GP about...

Essentially, I think the underlying issue here is not the games, but the social media usage, and how it affects your experience of other activities.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah, I've basically sorted things out, using BBC iPlayer to occupy my time.

The best thing you can do. Sort the mobile games out, if you aren't fine with them. Console and PC games are funnier to play anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest