Worried about not being offered DRA again next year

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
As you may know, hall application will be open early next month.

I like here, cherish the relationship I have with some PhD students, who claimed to have lived in DRA for years. Should I be thrown to elsewhere & no longer able to have fun with them in such lovely hall next year, it's going to be a great blow.

God bless me.
North London1
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As you may know, hall application will be open early next month.

I like here, cherish the relationship I have with some PhD students, who claimed to have lived in DRA for years. Should I be thrown to elsewhere & no longer able to have fun with them in such lovely hall next year, it's going to be a great blow.

God bless me.
My daughter stayed there two years. The second year she applied for the eco-friendly block, which a newer one with better kitchens and was given a place. She thought that it *may* have helped. Is there somewhere that you can write why you want to stay there, with reasons (eg close friends and being seperated would affect your mental health) as they take those sort of things seriously and would help. During lockdown 1 they even gave her her own flat there as she was worried about sharing and so many people had left!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by North London1)
My daughter stayed there two years. The second year she applied for the eco-friendly block, which a newer one with better kitchens and was given a place. She thought that it *may* have helped. Is there somewhere that you can write why you want to stay there, with reasons (eg close friends and being seperated would affect your mental health) as they take those sort of things seriously and would help. During lockdown 1 they even gave her her own flat there as she was worried about sharing and so many people had left!
Reason is sufficient because I need to do regular research work in an academic building near DRA

Surprised to see parents on this thread hope to hear more from y'all
North London1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Reason is sufficient because I need to do regular research work in an academic building near DRA

Surprised to see parents on this thread hope to hear more from y'all
I don't think that proximity is high on the list though. Half of St Andrews are based in the Science area for lectures, and she's had friend placed all over (she's a maths students now in a flat in town)
Anonymous #1
I don't think that proximity is high on the list though. Half of St Andrews are based in the Science area for lectures, and she's had friend placed all over (she's a maths students now in a flat in town)
I am PG, our hall choices are much fewer, we can't live in any UG hall, what we have is DRA, PH & a no. of uni-managed properties far away
North London1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I am PG, our hall choices are much fewer, we can't live in any UG hall, what we have is DRA, PH & a no. of uni-managed properties far away
Ah,, That explains the choice. They have really nice PG flats btw!
Anonymous #1
Ah,, That explains the choice. They have really nice PG flats btw!
Geographically, Powell Hall is nearer to the academic buildings, yet DRA is where I wish to stay & where many more places are available for PG (483 v.s. 205 of Powell Hall).

Some PhD I know have been assigned to Dundee halls, which is an hour of bus ride away & when the Storm Arwen hit hard on 26 November last year, they nearly couldn't go home because roads were destroyed, cutting bus lines.
Anonymous #1
It is really worrisome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (29)
35.37%
The paper was reasonable (30)
36.59%
Not feeling great about that exam... (15)
18.29%
It was TERRIBLE (8)
9.76%

Watched Threads