Anonymous6403
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
@mesopotamian what happens if you miss a first year dental school practical?
Anonymous6403
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Mesopotamian.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
What type of practical do you mean? A lab session, assessment, OSCE?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm in first year and the only practicals we have are in the dissecting room or the occasional science experiment. I believe that both are compulsory but idk the consequences of not attending them.
Anonymous6403
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
What type of practical do you mean? A lab session, assessment, OSCE?
Anatomy lab session
Last edited by Anonymous6403; 3 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous6403)
Anatomy lab session
It depends on how strict your university is about attendance. The best thing to do would be to email the lead for that module and kindly ask if you can go to another group’s session (assuming this is done in groups).
If there are no other opportunities to attend, ask your friends what was covered in the session and go over the learning material so that you don’t miss out. You could also kindly email the lead and explain why you were absent and what information you should cover/ reading materials you should get to make sure you’re up to date.

It’s generally not a serious issue so don’t get stressed about it, but if you do the above, it shows initiative on your part.
Anonymous6403
Rep:
It depends on how strict your university is about attendance. The best thing to do would be to email the lead for that module and kindly ask if you can go to another group’s session (assuming this is done in groups).
If there are no other opportunities to attend, ask your friends what was covered in the session and go over the learning material so that you don’t miss out. You could also kindly email the lead and explain why you were absent and what information you should cover/ reading materials you should get to make sure you’re up to date.

It’s generally not a serious issue so don’t get stressed about it, but if you do the above, it shows initiative on your part.
Thanks. It’s a whole year practical so no chance to repeat. Are you normally tested on the work you do in anatomy practical?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thanks. It’s a whole year practical so no chance to repeat. Are you normally tested on the work you do in anatomy practical?
What does the practical consist of?
Anonymous6403
Rep:
What does the practical consist of?
I’m not sure it’s the first ever one. I think it’s just general landmarks cause he’s asked for us to bring an atlas
Last edited by Anonymous6403; 3 months ago
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m not sure it’s the first ever one.
Okay so just follow the steps I detailed above. It’s not a major issue but you need to stay up to date with the teaching for your own sake.
Anonymous6403
Rep:
Okay so just follow the steps I detailed above. It’s not a major issue but you need to stay up to date with the teaching for your own sake.
It’s not letting me dm you, are you able to send me a dm so I can ask you something?
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It’s not letting me dm you, are you able to send me a dm so I can ask you something?
My PMs are off at the moment as I can’t guarantee people quick responses (or at all), sorry!
Anonymous6403
Rep:
My PMs are off at the moment as I can’t guarantee people quick responses (or at all), sorry!
Oh ok. Thanks for you replies on this thread
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh ok. Thanks for you replies on this thread
No problem, feel free to tag me if you have any more queries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads