The Student Room Group

He gave me genital herpes

This guy I’ve been seeing ( no relationship with him) has clearly given me herpes. I couldn’t walk as it was too painful. I went to the clinic and there was a blister in my vagina on the outside. The doctor said it looks like herpes however he’ll confirm with tests which will come back in 7 days. He gave me treatment for it and stuff to help the pain. I was taking codeine but I stopped as I can only take for 3 days. I slept with a new guy recently and it hurt so much that’s when the pain started. I’m scared I’ve now given it to the new guy.

I’m devastated as I’m only 21 and I don’t sleep around. I’ve only been with 3 people. I feel like giving up. I’m so stressed and angry. The guy ( who gave it to me ) says he has no symptoms and is sure he don’t have it and is also being very naive and calm about it which is making me think he intentionally gave it to me. I feel so ugly, dirty and disgusting. My confidence is on 0. I have so much uni work and things to do with my life and I’m devastated. I lost my mum a year ago and it seems like the world is crashing down on me. I don’t think anyone would ever like me or settle down with me with this.

What do I do?
Reply 1
Why would you have sex with another guy if you have smth like that and you haven't got your results back
Reply 2
No no no. I slept with a guy a week ago and it hurt so I stopped. It’s been hurting since ( my below) so I went to the clinic then that’s when they told me. There’s no way I would sleep with him knowing that!
Reply 3
Original post by Slx.24
Why would you have sex with another guy if you have smth like that and you haven't got your results back

No no no. I slept with a guy a week ago and it hurt so I stopped. It’s been hurting since ( my below) so I went to the clinic then that’s when they told me. There’s no way I would sleep with him knowing that!

I haven’t got my results back but the doctor was sure. He said it looks like herpes and he also gave me treatment for it
Reply 4
obviously this would be quite distressing for you :frown: all you can do atm tho is wait until the test results come back, right? and if it's positive then tell that guy who gave it to you to not be an idiot and go get tested cuz you don't need symptoms to have herpes. then tell the other person you slept with to get tested as well.

if it makes you feel better (probably won't :redface:) my friend has herpes and at first the outbreaks are pretty frequent but then almost never. like, my friend can go years without an outbreak, so it's far from being unmanageable.
Focus on getting well and maintaining a positive attitude to life. :smile:
Don't indulge in any more sexual activity until all your sexual health tests come back clear.
It is a serious criminal offence to deliberately infect someone with an std or many other infectious potentially fatal diseases.
Good luck!
there are treatment options for herpes to get rid of the blisters but i think symptoms can come back later in life, not too sure, might wanna ask your doc or go to a sexual health clinic. make sure you don't have sex or kiss anyone until it clears up and tell the guy you slept with that you have herpes or any future partners
i'm sorry to hear about your situation. however, do note that herpes is very common and most people do go on to live normal, healthy lives
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Focus on getting well and maintaining a positive attitude to life. :smile:
Don't indulge in any more sexual activity until all your sexual health tests come back clear.
It is a serious criminal offence to deliberately infect someone with an std or many other infectious potentially fatal diseases.
Good luck!

I definitely won’t be having no sexual activity. I’m put off!

Is it a criminal offence in UK? I would want to take this futhur
Reply 8
Original post by Joleee
obviously this would be quite distressing for you :frown: all you can do atm tho is wait until the test results come back, right? and if it's positive then tell that guy who gave it to you to not be an idiot and go get tested cuz you don't need symptoms to have herpes. then tell the other person you slept with to get tested as well.

if it makes you feel better (probably won't :redface:) my friend has herpes and at first the outbreaks are pretty frequent but then almost never. like, my friend can go years without an outbreak, so it's far from being unmanageable.

I feel like why should I wait when the doctors are certain. I’m so upset and depressed.

I feel like no one would like me or want to sleep or kiss me. This is my first outbreak and the most painful thing ever the pain it took over my body.

I’m so embarssed to tell the new guy if it does come back positive ! He lives abroad too.

Also the old guy is saying how does he not know I gave it to him. He’s such an ass and is being so stupid about it. The last time I slept with the old guy was a month and a week ago and it was very frequent. The new guy was Tuesday last week and the doctor said it’s too quick.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like why should I wait when the doctors are certain. I’m so upset and depressed.

I feel like no one would like me or want to sleep or kiss me. This is my first outbreak and the most painful thing ever the pain it took over my body.

I’m so embarssed to tell the new guy if it does come back positive ! He lives abroad too.

Also the old guy is saying how does he not know I gave it to him. He’s such an ass and is being so stupid about it. The last time I slept with the old guy was a month and a week ago and it was very frequent. The new guy was Tuesday last week and the doctor said it’s too quick.

i remember when my friend got herpes and she felt the same way (no one's gonna want her now) but that wasn't the case, she still dated and not too long later ended up meeting a great dude and they have a child together now. yeah i remember how much pain she was in the first outbreak; couldn't even walk.

yeah i know it's embarrassing but you neeeed to tell the new guy, i mean you would defo want to know, right? don't put him in the same position you were in. yeah listen to your doctor; don't sleep with anyone till you have the results and even then might have to wait a while idk. if you are positive you need to be responsible so you don't spread it to other partners, right? anyway, my understanding is you can have safe sex with people when you don't have an outbreak.

omg the old guy is being a ****ing idiot!! probably doesn't want to know so he can continue sleeping around irresponsibly; people like that need to be locked up :argh:
I definitely won’t be having no sexual activity. I’m put off!

Is it a criminal offence in UK? I would want to take this futhur

It is a criminal offence in the uk and the burden of proof required as to the decision to deliberately infect others is quite high.
Usually prosecuted as GBH section 22 or section 18.

S Kelly was sentenced to 5 years in prison in 2001 after being found guilty of deliberately infecting his girlfriend with HIV.
M Dica was sentenced to 4.5 years in prison in 2004 after infecting 2 women, he had been diagnosed with HIV in 1996 and had a long history of lying to the women he was dating or sexually involved with.
His false claims included lying about his careers in the military & legal profession and falsely claiming to have had a vasectomy.
Reply 11

I haven’t got my results back but the doctor was sure. He said it looks like herpes and he also gave me treatment for it

Ah, the wording in your post is kinda misleading 😂 Apologies

I see, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Well, unnecessarily worrying about it anyways. It's happened now so you just need to make the best of it. You have medication now and have contacted the guy you (kinda?) slept with.. so yeah dw about it and keep thinking positive and go strong

Condolences on losing your mum btw :frown: It must be really tough.. my thoughts and prayer w you and your family
Evidentially you would struggle to take this further. Firstly, you are assuming the other guy gave you herpes. It could be possible that you have had it for some time from someone else and not shown any symptoms and suddenly they have appeared now. You would have to prove that it was HIM that gave you herpes firstly (even him testing positive for herpes would not determine whether he gave it to you or you to him). After that, if he did not know he had herpes then he has no intention to commit the offence, and as such it wouldn't go anywhere apart from be very stressful for both of you.

At the end of the day, if you are old enough to be having sex then you are old enough to take responsibility for your sexual health. You should be testing between different partners and you should be protecting yourself when having sex with someone new. It is happened now and you have to deal with it. The good news is that a lot of people do not have frequent outbreaks or show any symptoms (which is why it is spread so easily) and so it is not going to be something you deal with everyday.
This guy I’ve been seeing ( no relationship with him) has clearly given me herpes. I couldn’t walk as it was too painful. I went to the clinic and there was a blister in my vagina on the outside. The doctor said it looks like herpes however he’ll confirm with tests which will come back in 7 days. He gave me treatment for it and stuff to help the pain. I was taking codeine but I stopped as I can only take for 3 days. I slept with a new guy recently and it hurt so much that’s when the pain started. I’m scared I’ve now given it to the new guy.

I’m devastated as I’m only 21 and I don’t sleep around. I’ve only been with 3 people. I feel like giving up. I’m so stressed and angry. The guy ( who gave it to me ) says he has no symptoms and is sure he don’t have it and is also being very naive and calm about it which is making me think he intentionally gave it to me. I feel so ugly, dirty and disgusting. My confidence is on 0. I have so much uni work and things to do with my life and I’m devastated. I lost my mum a year ago and it seems like the world is crashing down on me. I don’t think anyone would ever like me or settle down with me with this.

What do I do?

you didn't have protected sex?
you didn't have protected sex?

I have got some sort of std I don't use protection only did it a few times with dift guys. I was niave I thought it would feel better bit from a woman's perspective can't really feel much lol , I made a bad choice of a guy he was a player and shagged so many women and said he loved taking risks. I'm waiting for tests to come back. I can't blv what an idiot I have been. I was suffering from severe depression which didn't help. Pls to all the ladies out there use protection don't let guys make you feel guilty! I know its hard u feel guilty and give in. Even though I say this I will probably do it again (because I'm stupid).

Latest

Trending

Trending