What is the University of Essex like?

Watch this thread
SandorSzabo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I understand its a very broad question but could current students or recent graduates give me some insights into what the University is like?

I got an offer to study Computer Science and I've read some older reviews which were quite harsh.
Summerck
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
studying here is fine but everyone is very anti social, club life is very boing apart from freshers week
Leonarda__Essex
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by SandorSzabo)
I understand its a very broad question but could current students or recent graduates give me some insights into what the University is like?

I got an offer to study Computer Science and I've read some older reviews which were quite harsh.
Hi SandorSzabo,

Congratulations on the offer!
As a current final year student at the University of Essex and I only have good things to say about the University. From an academic perspective, professors are great, very approachable, knowledgeable and always happy to help and support. You usually have 10-15 contact hours per week which is great because you have time to study but also do some part time-work or join a club/society.

When it comes to social life it is also quite great since on campus you have bars, club, cinema, restaurants, basically all you need. If you want something different you can always go to the town. There are also hundreds of societies and clubs you could join depending on your own interest.

The library on campus is open 24/7 and offers free printing which I have found very useful.

University also offers some great careers services, they can help with placement, internship or job searches and also help you to prepare for assessments and interviews.

Leonarda
Last edited by Leonarda__Essex; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (14)
34.15%
The paper was reasonable (16)
39.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (9)
21.95%
It was TERRIBLE (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads