Tinfoil phobia, is this common?

Watch
RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
This is a bit odd but I have a weird aversion to tinfoil. When i see it or its near me I get cold shivers and I get goosebumps, it just disturbs me. I also get an instantaneous taste of foil (just from seeing it) which freaks me out, i have to have a glass of water to get rid of the feeling. I don't like touching it, the noise it makes, the scratchiness when its crunched up. I just hate the stuff (cling film ftw).

Ive never met anyone who also has this problem. Anyone on here the same?
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think its ermm very individual, i guess everyone has their own fears im scared of heights.
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Everyone has different phobias, I'm really scared of stickers.
AWSLC
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Put it in the oven over the chicken... that'll teach it.

Very individual, everyone has things they don't like though, not sure what to suggest really

[/uselesspost]

Sorry!
Donc, je suis.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-an-...ar-of-Tin-Foil

Hope that helps
Leigh.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That is quite weird, I can see why with the noise though.

Nah I like tinfoil. Keeps my food nice and warm.
emmalou098
Report 12 years ago
i have a friend who is just like that! we just have to avoid tinfoil near her!
everyone has different phobias and so people just have to learn to live with them and some perhaps go towards overcoming it!
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
Oh, and don't worry OP, everyone has weird phobias. Well, almost everyone. I panic and run away screaming if I see a daddy-long-legs but am perfectly happy with snakes, tarantulas, rats, dead bodies, all sorts of stuff that freaks other people out. Just avoid foil and all shall be well, at least it can't fly :yes:
I hear you about the daddy-long-legs. I'm not sure if I have a full-blown phobia, but I can't stand them :o: I think it's because they keep flying into people. I didn't actually see many this September, though.
Rainfaery
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hypermicrospace)
Do you actually feel fear or do you just hate it?
I am tactile hypersensitive and can't stand even the thought of velvet or felt, amongst other textures.
That's how I am too! Certain textures just cause me pain; I can't stand to touch them. Can you touch fleece?
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They chase you. Doing that weird bouncing-along-the-floor thing. Then when they get you they skitter all over you. Aaaaarrrghh I've got goosebumps thinking about it! :vroam:
They sound almost cute when you describe them like that, then I remember that they're daddy-long-legs and I feel ill :o:
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:console:

The weird thing is I don't mind money spiders, which are basically a daddy-long-legs without wings. Maybe I'm just scared of the daddy-long-legs because I can't jump on the bed and shriek for help (I tried, but they follow me).
Are money spiders different where you come from? They're just really tiny spiders here
But anyways, daddy-long-legs suck.
misswilliams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I once locked myself in the bathroom for 3 hours because of a daddy long legs. The things creep me out urgh.
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by misswilliams)
I once locked myself in the bathroom for 3 hours because of a daddy long legs. The things creep me out urgh.
Ohhh that's no good luckily I can usually get someone else to throw them out of the house for me.
Weirdly enough I'm okay with spiders.
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe I got the wrong name? I meant the tiny things with huge legs, basically the same as a daddy-long-legs but no wings.

Okay, just Googled and apparently my mum misinformed me :shifty: I don't know what they're called :dontknow:

I sic my boyfriend on the evil little DDL *******s :yep: He's much bigger than they are so they don't come back!
I think you mean harvestmen! I'm okay with them as they don't really come into the house, and they don't fly
emilyjane_09
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate cotton-wool. Even the thought of the texture makes me shudder.
hopes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is it normal.....no.
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aha, yes, that thing :five: I don't mind them, they're quite cute :yes:
I like them too
Pigeon Explosion
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by emilyjane_09)
I hate cotton-wool. Even the thought of the texture makes me shudder.
I used have this when I was younger, but not so much anymore :confused:
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pigeon Explosion)
I like them too
Spiders are cool :yes:

Actually, this is random, but this discussion just reminded me I have to find out what this colony of bugs I found in the living room the other day were :erm:
Toffee_Kid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not with tin foil, but pictures of bubbewrap and other things with that kind of texture make me feel ill

Also, I don't like carpets or clothes that feel vaguely rough - they remid me of rope burn and make my skin crawl :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed