The Student Room Group

Student Finance for mature student with degree and pgce + been living abroad

I have previously studied theology at Leeds uni 2006-2009 and received tuition fee loan

I did a PGCE at Liverpool hope 2009-2010 and received maintenance loan

I have applied to study adult nursing in UK for sept 22.

Another factor: I have been living in Spain for 1.5 years but will move back to uk permanently if accepted on the course.

Would I be eligible for any further maintenance loans from student finance england?

I am 33 now and to get the 5k bursary from nhs learning support fund it states I have to be eligible for student finance to receive this.
Original post by GRAZZY
I have previously studied theology at Leeds uni 2006-2009 and received tuition fee loan

I did a PGCE at Liverpool hope 2009-2010 and received maintenance loan

I have applied to study adult nursing in UK for sept 22.

Another factor: I have been living in Spain for 1.5 years but will move back to uk permanently if accepted on the course.

Would I be eligible for any further maintenance loans from student finance england?

I am 33 now and to get the 5k bursary from nhs learning support fund it states I have to be eligible for student finance to receive this.

Hi, what is your Nationality?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, what is your Nationality?
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac.

I'm British.
Original post by GRAZZY
Hi Isaac.

I'm British.

Based on the information provided, you should be entitled to apply and receive full undergraduate funding. Your previous study/qualifications will not affect eligibility.

I advise you to apply as soon as the student finance 22/23 academic year application launches early this year, please keep an eye on gov.uk/slc for news about the launch date. You can apply for finance without being accepted at a university as you can amend your finance application or cancel it, even after being approved.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Based on the information provided, you should be entitled to apply and receive full undergraduate funding. Your previous study/qualifications will not affect eligibility.

I advise you to apply as soon as the student finance 22/23 academic year application launches early this year, please keep an eye on gov.uk/slc for news about the launch date. You can apply for finance without being accepted at a university as you can amend your finance application or cancel it, even after being approved.

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the advice. Very much appreciated.
Original post by GRAZZY
Thanks for the advice. Very much appreciated.

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 6
Sorry, I have another question. If I was to apply to a postgraduate adult nursing course instead of undergraduate, would this affect my eligibilty for any loans from student finance?
Original post by GRAZZY
Sorry, I have another question. If I was to apply to a postgraduate adult nursing course instead of undergraduate, would this affect my eligibilty for any loans from student finance?

A postgraduate adult nursing course attracts undergraduate funding.

Your previous study/qualifications will not affect your eligibility to receive funding for a postgraduate healthcare course.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest