Applying to University

Watch this thread
MuggleDiggory
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey!

I am applying to University of Northampton to do the Dental Nursing FdSc course, which is ironic because I am currently studying a BTEC in Animal Management! I have been thinking about University choices and going to University because I have this feeling that all Universities are really daunting and scary, even though all universities I have been thinking about applying too have this generally friendly demeanour, I just am daunted by the thought of the whole University prospect.

Any advice would be much appreciated! x
heretohelp13
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It is a bit daunting at first, but you soon adapt. Once you're there, you'll probably love it. And if you don't they don't lock you in haha. You can always leave. Have some confidence and go for it, good luck!
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MuggleDiggory)
Hey!

I am applying to University of Northampton to do the Dental Nursing FdSc course, which is ironic because I am currently studying a BTEC in Animal Management! I have been thinking about University choices and going to University because I have this feeling that all Universities are really daunting and scary, even though all universities I have been thinking about applying too have this generally friendly demeanour, I just am daunted by the thought of the whole University prospect.

Hey MuggleDiggory,

It's great to hear you are thinking of applying to university - a challenging, yet rewarding experience to grow as an individual.

An advice that I want to give is to remember the reason and feeling of wanting to study at university. Are you doing it to progress to your dream job? To experience idependent living? Whatever it is, that reason and feeling will ultimately be the driving force to push you through the hurdles you face throughout your studies.

In all social settings there are good and bad crowds. Part of the university experience is finding the crowd for you. For some it's at Freshers, for others it may be in their final year.

It's important to know that everyone's university experience vary from person to person. Be proactive and step out of your comfort zone from time to time. There are plenty of opportunities at university, it just takes a little time and searching to find it.

I hope this helps,
- Jesse, 3rd Year Animation Student
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MuggleDiggory)
Hey!

Hello MuggleDiggory,

Going to University can signify a huge life change for some people, which is why it can feel so daunting! To echo what Jesse said, remembering why you'd like to go to university is really helpful, and can ultimately help turn those daunting feelings in to excitement for this next chapter.

I'd really recommend going to visit the universities you have applied for a couple of times, just so you can get more familiar with the campus, the atmosphere and what university student life looks like on the surface.

Also, most universities offer wellbeing support. When you start your course, if you're still not feeling settled or you feel overwhelmed then don't be afraid to use the support and resources available to you!

All the best☺️
- Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
angelinaroslynb
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I’ve applied for dental nursing at Northampton university too if you wanna keep in contact etc my Instagram is arosbxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed