Psychology revision help

Watch this thread
CelineK17
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What is the best ways to revise for psychology A-level, AQA?
username5883986
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Practice exam questions!

I also make flashcards on the key terms, and a table outlining the key studies for each topic.
BarceGT
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've always found that summarising information into shorter chunks and learning them off has been the best way for me e.g social influence -> Milgrams variations of obedience -> location +/- etc
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CelineK17)
What is the best ways to revise for psychology A-level, AQA?
I did A-Level Psychology! Though it was a few years ago, I'll try to pass on a few tips I used!

• Flashcards are useful for learning terminology or theories
  • Practice answering essay questions, timing yourself, and asking the teacher to re-word or re-phrase questions to get you to identify what the question is looking for
  • Learn to write a plan under timed conditions by practicing and timing yourself so that you can create a guide for yourself while you're in the exam
  • Watching Youtube videos or revision guides - as a visual learner, I found watching and seeing illustrations helped me to process and understand the concepts
  • Find enjoyment in your subject and what you're learning because this will help to motivate you to continue learning. Don't think about needing to revise, rather shift your mindset to wanting to learn about the different theories and arguments - this will make revision much easier
  • Try and apply what you learn to your daily life. This helps to cement your knowledge as you're able to see in person how well/bad the theory applies to practice
  • Question everything - there are always limitations. Not all researchers acknowledge the limitations in their studies and it's your job to unpick those points and write about it

I hope these tips help! Best of luck with your revision CelineK17

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
17.39%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
21.74%

Watched Threads