lots of girls following my boyfriend on instagram? red flag?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

I don't wanna sound crazy but my boyfriend has lots of girls following him on Instagram, I noticed he not following them back, but their are like hardly any guys following him. Is he cheating?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You expect strangers to know? You sound crazy.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I don't wanna sound crazy but my boyfriend has lots of girls following him on Instagram, I noticed he not following them back, but their are like hardly any guys following him. Is he cheating?
perhaps they follow him because they think he's attractive, while guys don't usually find other guys attractive. I cannot say for certain that he isn't cheating but I can say that you have insufficient evidence to make that assumption.
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

You’re too paranoid
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
probably because your bf is attractive to them too. those girls following him might not be aware that you are dating him. also, if he's not following them back, that shouldn't be a problem???
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Lol! What deep trauma socials cause! This is the least problematic thing ever compared with the usual TSR postings on these topics u know "Hey TSR gurus I phone-snooped and found bfs OF account and omg! he's subscribed to my bestie's page and she's so slutty she shows her naked butt I never knew she had OF or that he was interested!! Do u think I should be worried?" etc.
subzeroes
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

No, it just means girls follow him. If you think he's cheating, bring it up to him and ask him about it.
Chicken.M.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
90% of my friends / followers on social media are women and I've been single for years lol.
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

Do you think the girls are dm him on Instagram?
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
A lot of people follow random strangers on instagram & twitter hoping to increase their social media follower count and number of likes or retweets.
It sounds like you have a lot of insecurity or jealousy and deep trust issues that you need to address before they ruin your relationship.
Good luck!
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Another one of these threads? Marvellous. Social media was a mistake.
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
Another one of these threads? Marvellous. Social media was a mistake.
You owe me two cups of tea for the amount of times you've made me snort laughing into my cup.
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If there is any insecurities or discomfort then the madam should have the choice to be able to say how she feels about it and sit down and discuss it there’s boundaries for a reason within a relationship and both the boyfriend and girlfriend should respect it and the whole purpose whilst in a relationship any concerns or uncomfort should then be spoken of…
username5888917
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mohammed1000000)
If there is any insecurities or discomfort then the madam should have the choice to be able to say how she feels about it and sit down and discuss it there’s boundaries for a reason within a relationship and both the boyfriend and girlfriend should respect it and the whole purpose whilst in a relationship any concerns or uncomfort should then be spoken of…
Which is why communication is key hiding something between the both or one and other leads to a breakdown and understanding and a good level of respectful and mannerism is essential.
Adz2042
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you think he's cheating, you shouldn't be in a relationship as you're worrying about something that isn't true.

High likelihood that girls follow him because he's attractive.
Guys don't follow other guys (unless they are a model or genuinely attracted towards guys).

Focus on creating happy memories in person together, and not what is on social media.
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I get being jealous but you do have to try to find ways to cope. These girls are following him it's not even the other way round. Even if he were there are other explanations than he's cheating, for example I follow so many people from school that I have little interest in and I have plenty of friends of the opposite sex.
Mmummy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Worrying times my friend worrying times. Keep one eyeball out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads