Caught on CCTV having sex

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If a business catches you on their camera having oral sex can they release the footage on the internet or not ?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
No?
dannyboy1021
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
i think so
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If a business catches you on their camera having oral sex can they release the footage on the internet or not ?
no.
why are you having oral sex on camera???
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
No?
How do you know that
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
How do you know that
I'm quite sure that it's illegal to share footage without consent; indecent exposure is illegal as well. wifd149 OP needs legal advice
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 3 months ago
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
police more likely
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No.
But they can make a police report and provide a copy of the cctv as evidence to assist the investigation into whether a crime has been commited.
Why are you indulging in these type of sexual antics in direct view of cctv cameras or in a public place.
yeet_21
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm quite sure that it's illegal to share footage without consent; indecent exposure is illegal as well. wifd149 OP needs legal advice
it will go on some dodgy site
can't imagine they'd think about the law lol
username5898386
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You may want to avoid having sex in public where there is cameras
meddad
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you want to see the footage, why don't you just ask them for a copy ? 🤣
sufys
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
But they can make a police report and provide a copy of the cctv as evidence to assist the investigation into whether a crime has been commited.
Why are you indulging in these type of sexual antics in direct view of cctv cameras or in a public place.
PRSOM. Edit:24 hours passed, given rep lol
Last edited by sufys12; 3 months ago
wifd149
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
At this point I'm like your go-to lawyer is it mate? :rofl:

(I'm not even one lmao)

Legally, they will be liable if they do it. We have this thing call "data protection laws" and businesses that use CCTV often need to register their details to the Information Commissioners' Office. Businesses generally need to demonstrate compliance with the law regarding the data that they hold, including conducting risk assessments of keeping that data so the idea is to keep them as safe as possible. They cannot use any data they hold beyond what they were originally intended for - and I am certain that your markets don't work as a Funniest Home Videos show, so outside of the law enforcement sphere that footage of you shouldn't be leaked on the Internet.
wifd149
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by meddad)
If you want to see the footage, why don't you just ask them for a copy ? 🤣
OP, you can ask for that footage of you from that business within 1 calendar month for free, or if it has passed that time period, make contact with the business first and see what goes on from there.
wifd149
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yeet_21)
it will go on some dodgy site
can't imagine they'd think about the law lol
OP can always sue afterwards, but some damage would already have been done at that point for sure :ike:
sufys
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)
OP can always sue afterwards, but some damage would already have been done at that point for sure :ike:
yikes. how would they find out though? it's not exactly easy to find if they were to upload it somewhere.
wifd149
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sufys12)
yikes. how would they find out though? it's not exactly easy to find if they were to upload it somewhere.
By chance I guess, no way you can retrieve for sure otherwise. Besides, what OP doesn't know is unlikely to hurt OP. On the other hand, it must be some bad luck if OP's footage was 'publicised' - there are hundreds of thousands hours of CCTV footage almost anywhere within the UK.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
They will be in trouble if the footage is shared publicly...but this does not prevent their entire management and security team having a good knees up at a company-convened BoJo-style "work gathering" at which ur sexual xploits will be the feature presentation and u will be inspected and evaluated.

I hope u gave them a good show
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wifd149)
At this point I'm like your go-to lawyer is it mate? :rofl:

(I'm not even one lmao)

Legally, they will be liable if they do it. We have this thing call "data protection laws" and businesses that use CCTV often need to register their details to the Information Commissioners' Office. Businesses generally need to demonstrate compliance with the law regarding the data that they hold, including conducting risk assessments of keeping that data so the idea is to keep them as safe as possible. They cannot use any data they hold beyond what they were originally intended for - and I am certain that your markets don't work as a Funniest Home Videos show, so outside of the law enforcement sphere that footage of you shouldn't be leaked on the Internet.
So basically nothing is going too happen
Joleee
Report 3 months ago
let's ask google :cyber:

It is forbidden for CCTV operators to share footage of identifiable people with the media or on the internet for entertainment purposes. The only footage that is allowed to be released is if it’s to identify someone for purposes requested by the police.

https://www.caughtoncamera.net/news/...aws-explained/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
66.67%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (0)
0%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (0)
0%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
33.33%

Watched Threads