Changing Courses two years in..?

Watch this thread
lrollia
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So i’ve been studying a course i really hate and it’s done my mental health so badly that i’ve applied to study something completely different at a different university, i have already done a year on my current course and am mid this year, however something worrying me is student finance for my new course. I feel dumb but the info i’ve found it so vague and worded weirdly. If I’ll have already studied two years on one course and i’m applying for a 3 year course am i going to have to pay tuition or what !! i’m sooo confused and stressed also .. any help would be amazing .
(p.s. also mentioning mental health during the process would probably be out of the question for personal reasons)
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lrollia)
So i’ve been studying a course i really hate and it’s done my mental health so badly that i’ve applied to study something completely different at a different university, i have already done a year on my current course and am mid this year, however something worrying me is student finance for my new course. I feel dumb but the info i’ve found it so vague and worded weirdly. If I’ll have already studied two years on one course and i’m applying for a 3 year course am i going to have to pay tuition or what !! i’m sooo confused and stressed also .. any help would be amazing .
(p.s. also mentioning mental health during the process would probably be out of the question for personal reasons)
Hi Irollia, students can receive funding for the length of their course + 1 additional year - any previous study.

If your new course is 3 years long and you have 2 years of previous study, your calculation will be 3+1-2= 2 years of funding available. This means you will be required to self fund the first year of your new course unless you can provide evidence of valid Compelling Personal Reasons http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm

Mental health is a valid compelling personal reason for not being able to complete your first course, as long as you are able to provide professional evidence, please click the link above to learn more. Evidence can be uploaded and our assessors will decide if the evidence is acceptable.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.83%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.67%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (30)
25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.67%

Watched Threads