The Student Room Group

Would girls date a 19 year old virgin?

Is it common for girls who have lost their virginity to date a guy who hasn't; especially when the guy is 19/20 yrs old?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is it common for girls who have lost their virginity to date a guy who hasn't; especially when the guy is 19/20 yrs old?

No, because they find all virgins unattractive. Girls usually want guys who already have experience in relationships and sex. If you haven't been in a relationship or haven't had sex then they will see you as undesirable and boring. Sorry, that's just the way that it is with women.
Reply 2
No, because they find all virgins unattractive. Girls usually want guys who already have experience in relationships and sex. If you haven't been in a relationship or haven't had sex then they will see you as undesirable and boring. Sorry, that's just the way that it is with women.

that means I'm kinda screwed then lol

Not every 19 year old guy has screwed someone, and definitely not something a girl looks at. I think the reason behind still being a virgin is more important, whether its looks, personality, etc etc, not being a virgin itself. Of course having no experience with sex is a thing, but if everything else checks out its not a real issue

Not necessarily. It is possible to find a girl who's also a virgin. Don't aim for the impossible and try to talk to hot and attractive blondes who already had sex and are way out of your league. Keep your standards low because you have no experience. Sometimes if you aim too high, you will end up being disappointed.

Especially girls that are out of your league will act incredibly stuck up and will not give you the time of the day unless you meet all their insane standards. So in order to avoid disappointment and destroying your own self-esteem, try to go for girls that also lack a bit of experience. There's not many out there, but still possible to find.

what no you’re not, don’t believe the previous person lmaooo
firstly i cant even tell if someone’s a virgin or not

secondly i myself am a virgin so i don’t really care about what the other person is, as long as they don’t have a body count of 100 then i’ll feel like i’m being used as a ‘challenge’

thirdly, plenty of my friends whom are virgins ALSO want a virgin partner, they want someone that they can experience firsts with

fourthly, i haven’t been in a relationship ever either, doesn’t make me unable of communicating with someone

idk about everyone else but i don’t really look at virginity or past relationships, if you’re attractive and have a good personality then thats that
Reply 6
Original post by ran-dumb
Not every 19 year old guy has screwed someone, and definitely not something a girl looks at. I think the reason behind still being a virgin is more important, whether its looks, personality, etc etc, not being a virgin itself. Of course having no experience with sex is a thing, but if everything else checks out its not a real issue

like won't it just be weird if the girl isn't a virgin and then when they both try and have sex the guy has no idea what he's doing?

Nah my best friend isn't one but she dated a guy who was. She basically had to teach him how to do it but yh she doesn't regret it.
Original post by Htx_x346
Nah my best friend isn't one but she dated a guy who was. She basically had to teach him how to do it but yh she doesn't regret it.

He was very lucky then, because women don't want to 'teach' guys how to do it. They already expect guys to know how to do it in most cases.
i dont know any girl who would care THAT much (virgin or non virgin)... 19 is still relatively young and so personally i wouldn't expect a guy to be highly skilled/experienced in that area. but maybe im being being biased because im a virgin myself lol. personally, i would want to because it seems nice to experience a first with someone whos also experiencing a first.
Jesus I don’t wanna know the type of girls these guys have been around, or maybe they don’t actually know any to have an accurate idea about them lol. Some girls might be put off because they don’t want something serious, and if it’s your first time you’re more likely to take it more seriously than say a guy who’s slept with 20 people
But that doesn’t mean it’s unattractive. If a girl likes you and finds you attractive, 9 times out of 10 it doesn’t really matter if you’re a virgin, and in fact might make her feel special that you might want her to be your first.
He was very lucky then, because women don't want to 'teach' guys how to do it. They already expect guys to know how to do it in most cases.

Say you’ve never been around women without saying you’ve never been around women

No. In general girls don't want virgins. Let's be real here and leave behind the pc nonsense. There may be some xceptions but as a principle women prefer partners with xperience in all spheres.
Original post by Gragha20
Say you’ve never been around women without saying you’ve never been around women

I've been around many women in my life and unfortunately all of them care about your height, looks, social status and how much sex you had in the past. These are the main factors that determine your overall level of attractiveness. Girls won't give you the time of the day if you're either a virgin, someone who's below average height, is too overweight or skinny or don't have friends. You can't prove me wrong.
I was a 19y/o virgin when me and my gf got together. Just talk to her, listen to what she says. Watch her body language. Use toys. Being an open, caring person is worth it's weight in gold. Just talk about things honestly =)
Original post by candydiva
No. In general girls don't want virgins. Let's be real here and leave behind the pc nonsense. There may be some xceptions but as a principle women prefer partners with xperience in all spheres.

The word you were looking for is "I", not "girls" or "women".

People are just way too different from one another to be able to generalise about something like this.
Original post by skylark2

People are just way too different from one another to be able to generalise about something like this.

No, she's right and I am happy that she's being honest. Generalizing is the right thing to do because we're all humans and our brains are wired in similar ways. We all care about sex and social status. This has been established in ancient times. We are still humans and part of the animal kingdom and we are always looking for the most attractive mate. Say what you want about generalizations, but there are things that we all find attractive and they're usually the same things. That's why people study psychology and other sciences. Our brains are wired in certain ways and we all find certain things attractive.
Original post by skylark2

I take ur point but no, it's not just me or I... so maybe to be accurate I should rephrase that and say "I and every girl I have known at high school, uni in the US, at UCL during my exchange all agree that they don't want to date a virgin guy."
It depends on the specific girl.
Different girls have very different attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.

Quite a few sexually active girls would not be open to dating or hooking up with a virgin, for a variety of reasons.
I wouldn't date a virgin or a teenager.
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the specific girl.
Different girls have very different attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.

Quite a few sexually active girls would not be open to dating or hooking up with a virgin, for a variety of reasons.
I wouldn't date a virgin or a teenager.

To some extent they have the different dealbreakers and preferences, but they still look at the same things. For example, your height, social status, looks and financial stability. Not every girl will have an attraction dealbreaker for a 6 foot guy, some will accept guys who are just under 6 foot, but generally they still look for same things.

You're not sexually active though. You're happily single and you still wouldn't date a virgin, because the truth is that no woman would. Wake up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending