I miss my former friend

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Fell out with a friend a year ago today, it was me who caused the fall out and I deeply regret that, I never meant for us to fall out and I am truly sorry for what happened and I never set out to hurt my friend.

I have to say, I don’t have many friends because I’ve ASD and I struggle to make friends and this last year has been extremely tough without him, I apologised profoundly and I tried to sort it but it never worked, I was ignored every time.

I’ve felt seriously depressed the last year, I miss this person and the friendship and I also regret my actions and I can’t really let go of the guilt. I had to get counselling over it.

Anyway, over time I have felt less bad about it, but it’s been a year today and we haven’t spoke since. Idk why but it just hit me hard, I miss my friend so much and part of me really wants to reach out and try and sort it once more.

Does anyone think this is worth doing or just leave it?
Hazzahawk
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Let go man moving on will be for the best.
iverer
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Sometimes time changes things. When was the last time you apologised?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I had a very close friend. We had a major falling out, and he blocked me on all social media. Totally cut off at every turn. My text messages were ignored. My emails were ignored. Shut out 100%

I was devastated. I tried for a few months on and off to make contact, but got absolutely nothing in response, until at last I gave up.

Fast forward. Three years to the day since we had last spoken. I reached out on a whim - sent him an email, and I got a reply for the first time in three years.
His email contained just three words. "I miss you".

That was 13 months ago. He's my best friend again. I made the right call reaching out again.

Now, not everybody will have a happy ending like that, but I guess the moral of the story is that it's never too late to try.
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't know what you did but it was clearly bad enough for your friend to absolutely block you out of his life. In that respect he has decided not to continue a friendship and it is over.

I read your post and this is still all about you and your loss and how you have dealt with it so far. I would imagine you feel more hurt because you apologised and were dismissed.

Your friend was not willing to offer you a second chance. If the 'door' to friendship has been left open they might at some stage change their mind and talk to you. But for now it looks like this will not be the case. You should not waste your life waiting for something that is extremely unlikely to occur.

You have to accept that this is a closed chapter right now in a book full of chapters as yet unwritten. Make the title and write the words for this new chapter. Don't keep looking back to what might have been. Start writing today for your new start. Learn from any mistakes is the only advice going forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads