Applied Science to biomedical science to PA school?

Watch this thread
zoentow33
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, I’m studying applied science level 3 right now and will finish in a few months to go to university. If I choose to study biomedical science at uni, after the course can I go to PA (Physician assistant) school in America to become a PA? Or do I need other qualifications to progress onto PA school internationally? 😁
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Do you have a work visa for the us?
zoentow33
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
Do you have a work visa for the us?
No! I’m 17, but this is for the future.😁
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zoentow33)
No! I’m 17, but this is for the future.😁
No one can predict the future!

I think you would have problems:

- I’d be nervous that the US PA course wouldn’t qualify you to work in the U.K. it could cost in the region of $150k and upwards so you would really need to earn US pay rates to pay off such an amount.

- many (all?) of the courses require certain undergrad courses to have been taken at US or Canadian universities. It can be a real problem for those with degrees from other countries.

Perhaps look at courses here and see if they might give good opportunities to travel?
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Should add - if you are interested in working in other countries it’s worth keeping an eye on their immigration requirements as these change all the time so you might find a new opportunity.
zoentow33
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
No one can predict the future!

I think you would have problems:

- I’d be nervous that the US PA course wouldn’t qualify you to work in the U.K. it could cost in the region of $150k and upwards so you would really need to earn US pay rates to pay off such an amount.

- many (all?) of the courses require certain undergrad courses to have been taken at US or Canadian universities. It can be a real problem for those with degrees from other countries.

Perhaps look at courses here and see if they might give good opportunities to travel?
Thank you so much!!😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
18.85%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.66%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.56%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (21)
17.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (31)
25.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise