Can i Take a Sofa to my Uni Room

Watch this thread
Tai2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am moving into a uni Hall and i got the extra large room and i wanted to put a sofabed in there. Just something to chill on and have a freind sleep on if they decided to stay. But im not sure if thats even allowed. Let me know
Tyler37282
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You’ll have to check with staff first if you want to move something that big into your room.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tai2001)
I am moving into a uni Hall and i got the extra large room and i wanted to put a sofabed in there. Just something to chill on and have a freind sleep on if they decided to stay. But im not sure if thats even allowed. Let me know
lol, no - rooms are fully furnished, and you would not be permitted to bring large items of furniture like this. It's highly unlikely to fit in there, anyway.
Tai2001
Rep:
(Original post by Reality Check)
lol, no - rooms are fully furnished, and you would not be permitted to bring large items of furniture like this. It's highly unlikely to fit in there, anyway.
Aww man, any suggestions for alternatives
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Private, unfurnished accommodation.
Tyler37282
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
An inflatable bed would work.
Cloudiii
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
one of my flatmates brought a pop up bed for her friend to sleep on once lol
CambridgeParent
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Tyler37282)
An inflatable bed would work.
Absolutely. Buy an aero bed
Tai2001
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
Private, unfurnished accommodation.I
Im woeking on it, thats big money there
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Private housing you can do it, although you’ll probably have a living room so this isn’t an issue...

id pay to watch someone attempt to drag a sofa through a university hall, id be amazed if you navigate through the hall corridors & then realise even if you can squeeze it in your room the door won’t shut.

I would genuinely love to see a parent pull up to uni halls at the start of freshers week with a sofa tied to the roof though, you’d probably make into the tab if you pulled that off.
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No you can’t bring furniture and even in a studio it won’t fit. Uni is supposed to be about living on a budget etc and studying not about having people sleep over and spend a fortune on stuff.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
i have a similar problem, the bed that was provided to me is very very squeaky, which is unfortunate as i can not do my dirty deeds in peace. i was looking to buy a bed frame and mattress, specifically silent night, since their name implies that the bed will stay silent even if it is agitated vigorously, so my dirty deeds can be done in silence. if a sofa will not fit, i guess a whole double bed will not
Tai2001
Rep:
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
No you can’t bring furniture and even in a studio it won’t fit. Uni is supposed to be about living on a budget etc and studying not about having people sleep over and spend a fortune on stuff.
Respectfully there is no need to get angry, Uni is supposed to be whatever I make it. If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can. You aint gotta be a di*k about it.
Tai2001
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have a similar problem, the bed that was provided to me is very very squeaky, which is unfortunate as i can not do my dirty deeds in peace. i was looking to buy a bed frame and mattress, specifically silent night, since their name implies that the bed will stay silent even if it is agitated vigorously, so my dirty deeds can be done in silence. if a sofa will not fit, i guess a whole double bed will not
this is some of the funniest sh*t ive heard in a while
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Respectfully there is no need to get angry, Uni is supposed to be whatever I make it. If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can. You aint gotta be a di*k about it.
Unless you’re top-middle or upper class you can’t afford it.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If I want to spend money and let people stay over I can.
Not if your contract says otherwise...
gjd800
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
silence?!

how disappointing

and dull
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads