How to stop being afraid of relationships

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I'm 19, never been in a relationship. I've had many chances and people have been interested in me. It's just that I'm kinda awkward and scared in a way? I'm not really sure, I really want to get into a relationship but whenever the chance is in front of me I end up sabotaging it and basically running away, I feel like at this rate I will be single forever lmao. Any advice?
Muttly
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
When there's hell in hello?

That said you've had a few contacts - and lived to tell the tale. When you are ready to have a relationship you will know. You will also live to tell that tale.

It is just the same in relationships - you have to ask what is it that you are so afraid of? Being ridiculed for something? Being rejected?

How did you learn to sabotage relationships? What family dynamics were there growing up (or lack of them) for you to imitate that behaviour?

If you accept you might be single forever you might become accepting of the fact and become uncompromising in the way you respond to others. You will gain a friend when you least expect it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads