I'm really worried my girlfriend is pregnant

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Me and my girlfriend regularly have sex, around 2-3 times a week. She has missed her period this month, however, she has been very stressed dealing with depression, so I'm thinking that perhaps her period is delayed as a result. We always use condoms, however, there has been the odd time where a little bit will leak out the bottom, but not to the point where we'd be worried about it.Her period was supposed to come a week or two ago, and she took a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon and it was negative. I'm just worried that it could be a false negative as she drank quite a bit of water beforehand. Am I just paranoid or should she take another test?
CSBSDT20
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
She is starting to show symptoms that her period is perhaps on the way, but these could also be taken to be symptoms of pregnancy, so I'm freaking out.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by heretohelp13)
Don't panic, is the first thing. That won't help. Take a deep breath.

Now, is she a week late or two? A week can happen - two weeks late is quite a lot. Has she started taking the pill or something? Does she usually have irregular periods? Has this happened before with stress or depression?

Taking another test might help, but that is her decision remember - don't force it on her.

Are you paranoid about pregnancy often? If so, have you discussed her going on the pill as an extra precaution (provided she is comfortable with it and provided that it is safe for her)? Do you ever not use protection properly? You might not be using the condom properly if some is leaking out.

Finally, have you discussed what will happen if she is pregnant? If not, you should.
She suffers from epilepsy so her doctors have told her that it's best not to go on the pill incase something happens with her epilepsy medication. It's a week late I believe. Last year she hadn't got a period for around 4 months, maybe more, but we weren't having sex then so it wasn't a concern. Her depression is the worst it's been in a while right now, so that's why I'm thinking maybe it has a part to play. As for the condoms, I'm sure we're using them properly, but there's just been a handful of incidents where a little bit has leaked out, only if she's ever on top.
Anonymous #1
She has to go to the doctor tomorrow to get bloods done for something else. I'm sure we'll find out for sure then. That's why I'm so stressed out tonight I suppose. She took the test at a good time, regardless of whether she drank water beforehand or not apparently, so the test should be accurate enough I think.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my girlfriend regularly have sex, around 2-3 times a week. She has missed her period this month, however, she has been very stressed dealing with depression, so I'm thinking that perhaps her period is delayed as a result. We always use condoms, however, there has been the odd time where a little bit will leak out the bottom, but not to the point where we'd be worried about it.Her period was supposed to come a week or two ago, and she took a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon and it was negative. I'm just worried that it could be a false negative as she drank quite a bit of water beforehand. Am I just paranoid or should she take another test?
Ideally, pregnancy tests should be done first thing in the morning as that's when the concentration of the pregnancy hormone is highest in the urine. So it may be worth repeating the test first thing in the morning to be on the safe side.

As for contraception, although the pill may not be suitable for her because of her epilepsy meds, certain other types of contraception should still be OK so it may be worth considering speaking to her GP or a sexual clinic about her options (appreciate that might not be her priority right now if she is suffering from depression though). My cousin has epilepsy and I remember doing some research with her and, from memory, things like the injection and coil were OK with her meds even though she couldn't have either type of pill.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I agree with all of the above and would try and calm your nerves for now.As you say she has had irregular periods before.I would advise a second test in a weeks time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads