Restarting year12?

Watch this thread
Ells_Bells_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I’m currently in year 12. I was there from September then I stopped going in October because I was in hospital and really ill. At the moment I am still recovering and it’s now almost the end of January. My sixth form has offered me a chance to repeat year 12 next year but I’m really scared. I also have anxiety so I am extremely scared to go to the year below me where I don’t know any body in that year group. Honestly I’m shaking even thinking about it and my sixth form is aware of this. However I really want to go to uni in the future. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
evakesiax
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ells_Bells_)
So I’m currently in year 12. I was there from September then I stopped going in October because I was in hospital and really ill. At the moment I am still recovering and it’s now almost the end of January. My sixth form has offered me a chance to repeat year 12 next year but I’m really scared. I also have anxiety so I am extremely scared to go to the year below me where I don’t know any body in that year group. Honestly I’m shaking even thinking about it and my sixth form is aware of this. However I really want to go to uni in the future. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?
Hey- firstly, I hope you're well and that your recovery is going well. Secondly, I understand how moving into a new year group is daunting, especially when all your friends will be moving on without you and it may feel upsetting. However, from what I've learnt from entering a new environment (I started a brand new sixth form not knowing anyone- I know it's not the same situation as yours) there will always be someone who will look after you. I know it will be difficult for you but I think you should look at it as one small setback on your way to university. There may be people who may judge you for being a year below however those people are ignorant and should be ignored. Keep your head held high because I know you can do this. May I ask what subjects you're taking and what course you want to take in uni?
Ells_Bells_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by evakesiax)
Hey- firstly, I hope you're well and that your recovery is going well. Secondly, I understand how moving into a new year group is daunting, especially when all your friends will be moving on without you and it may feel upsetting. However, from what I've learnt from entering a new environment (I started a brand new sixth form not knowing anyone- I know it's not the same situation as yours) there will always be someone who will look after you. I know it will be difficult for you but I think you should look at it as one small setback on your way to university. There may be people who may judge you for being a year below however those people are ignorant and should be ignored. Keep your head held high because I know you can do this. May I ask what subjects you're taking and what course you want to take in uni?
Hi thanks for your advice I’m currently taking psychology, sociology and film studies and in hbu I’m hoping to take educational psychology and counselling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (126)
42.28%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.12%
No (118)
39.6%

Watched Threads