Retake year 12?

Watch this thread
Ells_Bells_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Im currently in year 12. I started in September but in October i got ill and was in hospital. At the moment im still recovering and im unable to return as of now. My sixth form have suggested i re take year 12 again next year and spend the time waiting until then on recovering. My main concern is that i also have anxiety. Im extremely anxious that if i chose to retake it again next year i will be with the year group below me who i dont know anybody and dont really like that year group to be completely honest. Im nervous that I will have no friends at all and I will be completely alone which is one of my biggest fears. I honestly really want to go to uni in the future hopefully by then I will be more confident. I really dont like the idea of being with the year below me and knowing nobody. Has anyone got any advice on what i should do?
Simonpartridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I think you should resit year 12, i fully understand your anxiety about not knowing anyone in the year group but it’ll be the same once you go into university. Initially no one has any friends once they start university, it takes time for people to make good friends so don’t worry about that maybe retaking year 12 will do you more good than harm, it’ll help you with your studies more as you already know the content. But it’s your choice )
Ells_Bells_
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Simonpartridge)
I think you should resit year 12, i fully understand your anxiety about not knowing anyone in the year group but it’ll be the same once you go into university. Initially no one has any friends once they start university, it takes time for people to make good friends so don’t worry about that maybe retaking year 12 will do you more good than harm, it’ll help you with your studies more as you already know the content. But it’s your choice )
Thank you so much! This was just what I needed to hear I’m feeling a little more confident in re taking year 12 🙂
Simonpartridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ells_Bells_)
Thank you so much! This was just what I needed to hear I’m feeling a little more confident in re taking year 12 🙂
no problem i hope you have a speedy recovery and great year 12 again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.39%
The paper was reasonable (134)
37.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.09%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.4%

Watched Threads