how to leave toxic relationship

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
so i just wanna hear anyone else's experiences or any tips. i'm in a really toxic relationship, but the problem is that i'm so in love with him. it's to the point he cheated on me, then gaslighted me and somehow i was the one who apologized for it? it's literally a 90/10 relationship, i do everything for him and he gives nothing back. he hurts me everyday, makes me cry and really depressed, but i can't stop loving him.

anyways there's alot of crazy stuff in our relationship that i tolerate because i love him. 6 months into dating, he literally said he's not even 100% sure if he likes me, and i still didn't care. it's like i have no self worth and i hate it. i wanna know how i can move on. i realized there's no way i can "change him". i tried no contact with him for a week, blocked him etc. but it felt like hell. didn't leave the house, cried all week, didn't eat etc. so i ended up talking to him again. how do i do it? this is ruining my entire life. all i think about is him.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i just wanna hear anyone else's experiences or any tips. i'm in a really toxic relationship, but the problem is that i'm so in love with him. it's to the point he cheated on me, then gaslighted me and somehow i was the one who apologized for it? it's literally a 90/10 relationship, i do everything for him and he gives nothing back. he hurts me everyday, makes me cry and really depressed, but i can't stop loving him.

anyways there's alot of crazy stuff in our relationship that i tolerate because i love him. 6 months into dating, he literally said he's not even 100% sure if he likes me, and i still didn't care. it's like i have no self worth and i hate it. i wanna know how i can move on. i realized there's no way i can "change him". i tried no contact with him for a week, blocked him etc. but it felt like hell. didn't leave the house, cried all week, didn't eat etc. so i ended up talking to him again. how do i do it? this is ruining my entire life. all i think about is him.
Do you have a job or a uni course or are you at school?
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago

I was in a toxic relationship like yourself. I got gold-digged and taken advantage of financial purposes and because of kind, gentle and humble naive nature. Whilst also being used and cheated on. Been 25 days since we broke up I was like to her “ I want nothing to do with you no more, get out of my life” then I blocked on her on every part of my socials whether that’s WhatsApp or Snapchat. Before deleting them though I bared the consequences from her toxic, fouled mouth however I haven’t spoken to my two faced ex neither do I know whether she exists to me anymore I consider her to be a ghost 👻 and dead.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Listen to the advice of great sages Paul and Art...

username155270
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I left when I saw it was affecting one of my brothers horribly. He could see I wasn’t me anymore and it hurt him. He would suddenly have these outbursts and start punching things because I guess he felt like he couldn’t do anything there was a lot of pain I caused him. It started hitting too close to home. I didn’t care enough about myself but my siblings are my world. Think about the people who love you.
It doesn’t get better it only gets worse.

Toxic things my ex did...

When I first met him he lied about who he was. Said he ‘didn’t even smoke weed’. Turned out he was a full on drug dealer ( the hard stuff)
He would constantly say things like “ I can’t even be myself around you”, and I had no clue what he meant by that, so of course internalized it and thought I was doing something wrong I was the piece of ****. But it was just him getting frustrated because he couldn’t keep up this good guy persona.

- He was having sex with ‘ his friend’, a girl who also had a boyfriend. But I was secure enough at that point to believe they were actually just friends.

- I went through 6 phones, because he would smash them or bend them till it didn’t work anymore

- it went from pushing me to the ground if I walked away from him being belligerent, to full on blows to the face. And when I would finally defend myself, he got off on it. Smiled and grinned as I was having a mental breakdown.
There was a point where I tried to convince myself this was normal behaviour.
There’s so many things that I am ashamed of that I allowed you can inbox me if you want to know or need anything.
Anyways..I changed and found myself experimenting with hard drugs and cheating on him. I was so gross. I blocked him off everything, I moved. I had to threaten him with the cops. Oh and my biggest regret is not reporting him.
Last edited by username155270; 3 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mohammed1000000)
I was in a toxic relationship like yourself. I got gold-digged and taken advantage of financial purposes and because of kind, gentle and humble naive nature. Whilst also being used and cheated on. Been 25 days since we broke up I was like to her “ I want nothing to do with you no more, get out of my life” then I blocked on her on every part of my socials whether that’s WhatsApp or Snapchat. Before deleting them though I bared the consequences from her toxic, fouled mouth however I haven’t spoken to my two faced ex neither do I know whether she exists to me anymore I consider her to be a ghost 👻 and dead.
Well done and stay strong.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by xobeauty)
I left when I saw it was affecting one of my brothers horribly. He could see I wasn’t me anymore and it hurt him. He would suddenly have these outbursts and start punching things because I guess he felt like he couldn’t do anything there was a lot of pain I caused him. It started hitting too close to home. I didn’t care enough about myself but my siblings are my world. Think about the people who love you.
It doesn’t get better it only gets worse.

Toxic things my ex did...

When I first met him he lied about who he was. Said he ‘didn’t even smoke weed’. Turned out he was a full on drug dealer ( the hard stuff)
He would constantly say things like “ I can’t even be myself around you”, and I had no clue what he meant by that, so of course internalized it and thought I was doing something wrong I was the piece of ****. But it was just him getting frustrated because he couldn’t keep up this good guy persona.

- He was having sex with ‘ his friend’, a girl who also had a boyfriend. But I was secure enough at that point to believe they were actually just friends.

- I went through 6 phones, because he would smash them or bend them till it didn’t work anymore

- it went from pushing me to the ground if I walked away from him being belligerent, to full on blows to the face. And when I would finally defend myself, he got off on it. Smiled and grinned as I was having a mental breakdown.
There was a point where I tried to convince myself this was normal behaviour.
There’s so many things that I am ashamed of that I allowed you can inbox me if you want to know or need anything.
Anyways..I changed and found myself experimenting with hard drugs and cheating on him. I was so gross. I blocked him off everything, I moved. I had to threaten him with the cops. Oh and my biggest regret is not reporting him.
Brave post.
username5888917
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well done and stay strong.
Thank you very much.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Ok, spooks don't exist but if they did I like this Asian way of dealing with them

https://youtu.be/GyRIk99toRE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.73%

Watched Threads