Failed an exam but it’s worth 20%

Watch this thread
B2347
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
#1
I recently did an exam but I submitted it too late so now it’s like I submitted nothing for my first exam which is worth 20%. But if I get a good grade on the other 80% will I still pass my module?
0
reply
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 3 months ago
#2
Yes that is very possible as you would only need 50% on the other exam/coursework to achieve 40% overall.. However, you should check whether you need to pass both elements individually as well as pass them as a whole.
0
reply
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#3
Report 3 months ago
#3
(Original post by B2347)
I recently did an exam but I submitted it too late so now it’s like I submitted nothing for my first exam which is worth 20%. But if I get a good grade on the other 80% will I still pass my module?
Hello B2347,

In most cases you'd still be able to pass the module and could still do really well in it. Double check with your lecturers or module leader just to be sure!

All the best☺️
-Rebecca, 3rd Year Psychology Student
0
reply
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#4
Report 3 months ago
#4
No, a mark below 35% on any of the assessments for a particular module will mean that you have to retake the assessment for that module.

Check your uni rules on late submissions of assessments. Normally there is a sliding scale - X% reduction for being a day late, y% for being a week late etc. Thus, if you submitted your exam a day or two late and achieved say a 50% then you will get a reduced mark for that exam.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.73%

Watched Threads

View All