Covid - When should I return to the halls?

Watch this thread
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have set four possible return dates:
1. 7th February (first Monday of semester)
2. 20th February (when f2f classes suppose to start)
3. 7th March (past the peak of the Omicron outbreak in HK)
4. 19th April (first day after mid term break, and according to an expert, the pandemic is very likely to be under control then)

Which is the best return date? I checked in yesterday and can stay till first week of June, things will be moved in soon.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I have set four possible return dates:
1. 7th February (first Monday of semester)
2. 20th February (when f2f classes suppose to start)
3. 7th March (past the peak of the Omicron outbreak in HK)
4. 19th April (first day after mid term break, and according to an expert, the pandemic is very likely to be under control then)

Which is the best return date? I checked in yesterday and can stay till first week of June, things will be moved in soon.
Hey, 8013

I recommend moving in as early as possible so that you can slip back into things easily and get organised. There is often quite a lot to sort out from food to washing, so it may be best not to jump back into the thick of it mid-semester. I'd go back on the first Monday of the semester. It does depend on your circumstances though and how you personally feel about being in Halls before F2F classes start. I know I found that very difficult as I never had much to do during the day and felt unmotivated to work.

Whatever you think will suit you best, mentally and physically is your best option. Have a think about the various aspects such as these. Do you have flatmates or friends that are back already? Hopefully, everything will work out just fine.

I hope this helps!
Quinn - Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.78%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.66%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.06%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (11)
13.92%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
21.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
24.05%

Watched Threads