Thanks4helping
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
deleted
Last edited by Thanks4helping; 3 months ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
You cannot apply directly to universities for degree courses if you have a ucas application. Accepting ucas applicants outside of ucas is in breach of a university contract with ucas.

Universities aren’t going to risk their contract with ucas for an applicant who didn’t even include them in their top 5 choices.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's possible to apply to one university directly if they accept it (many universities don't) and if you haven't also used UCAS to apply to other universities this year. From your other posts, this is not true for you. So no.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Thanks4helping)
An education agent mentioned that it is quite common for international applicants to submit both UCAS and direct applications through their agency. I am not saying your replies are wrong, but I was just wondering what would happen to those applicants (and why would the agent ask me to submit directly) and why do the agencies do this? Thank you
agents are ****
They're not interested in what is in the applicant's best interest only in getting their commission from whichever university pays the highest fees.

Some universities might consider an application direct if you have a UCAS application (generally because they're desperate for students so not the best choice) but even they will need a UCAS applicant to decline their other choices and apply to them via UCAS eventually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
20.59%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
11.76%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (7)
6.86%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (17)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
22.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
21.57%

Watched Threads