The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

CAS Delay

University of Derby
Hey! I applied for my CAS Letter last month and they asked me for few more documents and after providing them with the documents, they said that there are some issues with my payment. I made the deposit payment again and they said they’ll confirm it and will be in touch with me but they never contacted me and even didn’t respond to my mails. I confirmed with the finance department regarding my payment and they said they’ve received it. I called the admission department of university several times but all they said were they don’t have any update on my CAS and gave me the email of my Student Advisor but on mailing I didn’t receive any reply. Since the start date of course is approaching(i.e. 31st January) and the university isn’t replying to any mails and giving me any update on my CAS letter I don’t know what to do. I just don’t want that my intake is deferred, so any solutions or advices on this problem will be appreciated. Thankyou for any help in advance.
Original post by taniyagupta
University of Derby
Hey! I applied for my CAS Letter last month and they asked me for few more documents and after providing them with the documents, they said that there are some issues with my payment. I made the deposit payment again and they said they’ll confirm it and will be in touch with me but they never contacted me and even didn’t respond to my mails. I confirmed with the finance department regarding my payment and they said they’ve received it. I called the admission department of university several times but all they said were they don’t have any update on my CAS and gave me the email of my Student Advisor but on mailing I didn’t receive any reply. Since the start date of course is approaching(i.e. 31st January) and the university isn’t replying to any mails and giving me any update on my CAS letter I don’t know what to do. I just don’t want that my intake is deferred, so any solutions or advices on this problem will be appreciated. Thankyou for any help in advance.

Hi @taniyagupta,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with your application. If there is difficulty receiving CAS, there may be a similar issue with Coventry University in that there is a delay currently. Therefore, the application process is taking a little bit longer than usual. Unfortunately, any mistakes or problems regarding your application is likely to delay the time it takes for you to receive CAS.

I'm afraid the post is under the Coventry University forum, not the University of Derby. It may be best to write this post under the University of Derby forum to ensure the student ambassadors there see this and be able to help you.
In the meantime, it's worth contacting the university using the customer self-service to see how they may be able to assist you. Alternatively, you can direct message on their Facebook page. I'd recommend stating your name, student ID/application number, course, and query to ensure the university is able to identify you and tailor their advice to you. It's likely you're unlikely to get an immediate response but I'm sure the university is aware of your message and will get back to you when they're able to.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest