applying for biochemistry/biomedical science

Watch this thread
dani610
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
hi guys does anyone know if i need to do entrance exams or interviews for biochemistry/biomed? as i know medicine has bmat/ucat etc.
Jessmae_
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
No, only if you are applying for Oxbridge. They use the BMAT. Not sure if they interview too...
But if you are not applying to those then no. E.g: the 5 ive applied to for biomedical science had no interviews or tests.
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dani610)
hi guys does anyone know if i need to do entrance exams or interviews for biochemistry/biomed? as i know medicine has bmat/ucat etc.
Hi dani610

For the University of Southampton you do not need to sit any exams or interviews for our biological science courses. This is the case with most other universities, however, I did have an interview at Leeds University for Biology so make sure you look carefully at each university course you apply to!

Which universities are you considering applying to?

Good luck with your applications

Lauren
(Student ambassador - BSc Biology with Year in Employment)
Jess_Lomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I applied to biochemistry at Manchester, Lincoln, sheffield, sheffield hallam and Salford and didn't have to do anything extra for any of them, manchester said that they canceled interviews due to covid so some that normally might not have interviews cause of covid
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jessmae_)
No, only if you are applying for Oxbridge. They use the BMAT. Not sure if they interview too...
But if you are not applying to those then no. E.g: the 5 ive applied to for biomedical science had no interviews or tests.
Oxford only since Cambridge doesn't actually even have a "Biomedical science" course as such, the closest thing they do is Natural Sciences (for which you need to take the NSAA)
Last edited by ecolier; 3 months ago
dani610
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hi dani610

For the University of Southampton you do not need to sit any exams or interviews for our biological science courses. This is the case with most other universities, however, I did have an interview at Leeds University for Biology so make sure you look carefully at each university course you apply to!

Which universities are you considering applying to?

Good luck with your applications

Lauren
(Student ambassador - BSc Biology with Year in Employment)
Thanks for that, I'll probably apply to imperial and KCL and others - I'm not sure yet
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dani610)
Thanks for that, I'll probably apply to imperial and KCL and others - I'm not sure yet
I think Imperial has an admissions assessment for biomedical sciences (or maybe still uses the BMAT - I think they moved most of their admissions assessments in house over the last couple years though). Generally though it's very uncommon for that subject area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (50)
63.29%
No (23)
29.11%
I didn't use it to prepare (6)
7.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed