Sparklemist
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I hope everyone is well.

After doing a clinical/foundation science then a clinical science degree can you progress onto Optometry?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi there.

Sorry no one responded quickly.

I recall Bradford clinical science program and the transfer scheme to medicine after 1 year - so I assume it's the same for optometry.
Although it may be possible you still have to go through interviews as well as securing excellent grades in order to enrol onto your desired course so it may be possible that you're rejected due to the competitiveness of other applicants who are in the same position as you.

Best wishes
Sparklemist
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Sorry no one responded quickly.

I recall Bradford clinical science program and the transfer scheme to medicine after 1 year - so I assume it's the same for optometry.
Although it may be possible you still have to go through interviews as well as securing excellent grades in order to enrol onto your desired course so it may be possible that you're rejected due to the competitiveness of other applicants who are in the same position as you.

Best wishes
It's ok, thank you for tye response apparently this scheme is now unavailable. I'm so lost! Rn
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sparklemist)
Hi, I hope everyone is well.

After doing a clinical/foundation science then a clinical science degree can you progress onto Optometry?
Hey @sparklemist

How are you? Sorry I've only just come across this enquiry, I will pass it on to our faculty administrator and see if he can advise you.

Thanks,

Becky
Sparklemist
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, that is ok. I have had this query sorted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads