The Student Room Group

*ASAP* how do you add NCEA grades onto UCAS?

I tried finding answers online but literally, there's none.

How do you add NCEA grades onto UCAS?

New Zealand people...HELP ME.

First of, does level 1 and 2 count as "Qualifications"?

Second, does Grade for the qualification mean...like year 13, or the overall endorsement?

i'm assuming each "Module" is a subject. But the "credits" section - am I supposed to insert the number of credits I have for that subject? If yes, do i just put "21" or go with "11E, 10M"?

Or should I put endorsement instead? If yes to this, I'm kinda upset of the endorsement system at the moment, cause you have to attain at least 3 internal and 3 external credits at Merit or Excellence to get the corresponding endorsement. I ended up getting 17 Excellence credits for Calculus but since they're all external assessments, I got achieved endorsement instead.

Okay, that went into a bit of a rant. But someone help me please, UCAS applications are closing soon.

Scroll to see replies

Don’t worry too much. Universities will ask for more details and a full transcript if they need more information.

As a general rule you should list the details on ucas that would appear on your certificate or that would cover the requirements for the universities you’re applying for.
An answer for one bit: Grade in that context means the level of personal achievement in the exam, not the level of the exam itself - so it might be something like A or B, or it might be Distinction or Merit.
Reply 3
Original post by skylark2
An answer for one bit: Grade in that context means the level of personal achievement in the exam, not the level of the exam itself - so it might be something like A or B, or it might be Distinction or Merit.

Cool cool. Thank you so much!
Original post by tori04
I tried finding answers online but literally, there's none.

How do you add NCEA grades onto UCAS?

New Zealand people...HELP ME.

First of, does level 1 and 2 count as "Qualifications"?

Second, does Grade for the qualification mean...like year 13, or the overall endorsement?

i'm assuming each "Module" is a subject. But the "credits" section - am I supposed to insert the number of credits I have for that subject? If yes, do i just put "21" or go with "11E, 10M"?

Or should I put endorsement instead? If yes to this, I'm kinda upset of the endorsement system at the moment, cause you have to attain at least 3 internal and 3 external credits at Merit or Excellence to get the corresponding endorsement. I ended up getting 17 Excellence credits for Calculus but since they're all external assessments, I got achieved endorsement instead.

Okay, that went into a bit of a rant. But someone help me please, UCAS applications are closing soon.

Ahhh I’m so sorry I didn’t see this!! I live in the UK now, but I did NCEA level 1 and had fun trying to input that into the system. I rang UCAS about this and they had no idea so I really don’t think it matters. I went with the 11E, 10M approach myself, along with the course endorsement. As @PQ says, the universities will ask for more details upon giving you an offer anyway. Good luck with your application!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Ahhh I’m so sorry I didn’t see this!! I live in the UK now, but I did NCEA level 1 and had fun trying to input that into the system. I rang UCAS about this and they had no idea so I really don’t think it matters. I went with the 11E, 10M approach myself, along with the course endorsement. As @PQ says, the universities will ask for more details upon giving you an offer anyway. Good luck with your application!!

Hi! Thank you for answering regardless. This will certainly be of use for NCEA students applying on UCAS in the future, especially considering there is literally no resources or help on this. I did end up doing 11E, 10M myself. Hopefully things will work out.
Original post by tori04
Hi! Thank you for answering regardless. This will certainly be of use for NCEA students applying on UCAS in the future, especially considering there is literally no resources or help on this. I did end up doing 11E, 10M myself. Hopefully things will work out.

I’ve got an offer from Newcastle for biomed so I guess my notation was fine, although I only did level 1 which isn’t seen as equivalent to GCSEs anyway. I remember my teacher looking on TSR when I was applying and finding nothing of use, so hopefully future students see this. Good luck with everything!
Hi! I am trying to apply to UK universities from NZ too. Right now, I am struggling to figure out if I could enter in my externals results in time before UCAS’ deadline. Which also meant my reference would need to be sent in between the external results day and deadline date… which is a big hustle, but could you tell me how you managed to do it? Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by riaabiuu
Hi! I am trying to apply to UK universities from NZ too. Right now, I am struggling to figure out if I could enter in my externals results in time before UCAS’ deadline. Which also meant my reference would need to be sent in between the external results day and deadline date… which is a big hustle, but could you tell me how you managed to do it? Thanks!

Hi, are you planning to join the September 2023 intake? Because I'm joining the September 2022 intake, so the timing problem was...minimal compared to Jan/Feb intake. I did find it kind of stressful though (results day was 20 Jan, and 26 Jan was the UCAS deadline).

What I did with my NCEA results (which looking back was risky) was looking for the latest exam results release date in the past and see whether or not I'll make the UCAS deadline. Since the latest NCEA has ever released their results was 21st Jan, and my UCAS deadline was 26th Jan, I decided to enter the results myself. I did have to ask my referee if they are willing to keep an eye on their email during the summer holiday as I will be sending the reference link after results day, as well as writing my reference letter before-hand so that they'll only have to copy and paste when I send the link because of the short timing in between results day and uni application deadline. You're right, it's quite a hustle, but if you aim it just right, it will all work out. But in case you don't want to take that kind of risk, you could do what most students who has not gotten their results would do: have your referee (a teacher) enter your predicted grades, which will most likely be taken from your MOCKS exam. Then submit the application, and when the results come, send it to your chosen Universities.

A tip: do start creating your UCAS application and fill out everything that you can, especially if you're going to enter your results yourself, so that when the time comes, you got everything ready to go.
Hello! Another kiwi here applying for UK unis this year. So did you put level 1, 2 and 3 as separate qualifications or all under one NCEA? Then how did you put the grade? Like Excellence Overall?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JJ121212
Hello!Another kiwi here applying for UK unis this year. So did you put level 1, 2 and 3 as separate qualifications or all under one NCEA? Then how did you put the

Oh my god, hihi! Yes, I inputted the levels separately. For grade, I wrote “Level 2 Excellence” or “Level 2 Merit”, etc. I then added in the subjects as ‘modules’ and said “12-M, 10-E, etc”, someone said that the universities would request the credits transcript if they need further clarification so crossing fingers. But anyways, what unis are you going for??
Oh my god, hihi! Yes, I inputted the levels separately. For grade, I wrote “Level 2 Excellence” or “Level 2 Merit”, etc. I then added in the subjects as ‘modules’ and said “12-M, 10-E, etc”, someone said that the universities would request the credits transcript if they need further clarification so crossing fingers. But anyways, what unis are you going for??

Heyyyy, cool I did that too!! I'm applying to King's, Bristol, Leeds and Leicester, wbu? It's so nice to meet NZ people here omg haha
Heyyyy, cool I did that too!! I'm applying to King's, Bristol, Leeds and Leicester, wbu? It's so nice to meet NZ people here omg haha

Right?? I didn’t manage find anyone trying to apply to UK unis in my school’s year level and thought I’ll be stuck alone :,)) But yes, I’m striving for UCL, King’s, Manchester, Bristols and kinda leaning towards Edinburgh but still not sure since it’s all the way up in Scotland…

Ooh what course? I’m kiwi too although I now live in the UK. It’s amazing to see so many kiwis on here! What are you applying for? I’m studying medicine at KCL now so if you have any questions about the uni I’m happy to answer :smile:
Right?? I didn’t manage find anyone trying to apply to UK unis in my school’s year level and thought I’ll be stuck alone :,)) But yes, I’m striving for UCL, King’s, Manchester, Bristols and kinda leaning towards Edinburgh but still not sure since it’s all the way up in Scotland…

I’ve found a few antipodeans at uni so far hehe. What are you applying for?
I’ve found a few antipodeans at uni so far hehe. What are you applying for?

I’m applying for law - Just waiting for my LNAT results and lowkey struggling to get on with my personal statement since I just finished my mock exams… It’s so cool to find kiwis here too, shared struggles hahah
I’m applying for law - Just waiting for my LNAT results and lowkey struggling to get on with my personal statement since I just finished my mock exams… It’s so cool to find kiwis here too, shared struggles hahah

Ooh good luck!! Yes ofc it’s that time of year in NZ isn’t it? It’s the start of the academic year here lol. You’ve picked four great unis though! I applied to King’s, Bristol, Manchester and East Anglia for Medicine :smile:

Nice! Good luck, you've got thisss
Ooh what course? I’m kiwi too although I now live in the UK. It’s amazing to see so many kiwis on here! What are you applying for? I’m studying medicine at KCL now so if you have any questions about the uni I’m happy to answer :smile:

Omg really?? I just graduated from my bachelors in the UK so I'm going for graduate medicine at KCL! What year are you in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Omg really?? I just graduated from my bachelors in the UK so I'm going for graduate medicine at KCL! What year are you at?

No way! Good luck with your GEM application! I’m in first year :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending