The Ucas deadline is tomorrow! Have you submitted your application?

Watch this thread
Poll: When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?
September 2021 (59)
6.95%
October 2021 (360)
42.4%
November 2021 (112)
13.19%
December 2021 (116)
13.66%
January 2022 (107)
12.6%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (67)
7.89%
Something else (28)
3.3%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
The Ucas deadline for 2022 applications is fast approaching, with all applications needing to be submitted to Ucas by 6pm - which means if you are putting it in through your school or college they have to add your reference before this.

Have you submitted your application yet? If not and you need any last minute help, let us know below!

If you have submitted your application, what is the number one thing you're thinking about in regards to university right now? Is it getting offer back, applicant days, or something else?

Let us know your thoughts
Bobsuruncle165
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Mine is waiting for an offer but now I’ve had a change in mind of what I would like to do so I’m just confused.
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
(Original post by Bobsuruncle165)
Mine is waiting for an offer but now I’ve had a change in mind of what I would like to do so I’m just confused.
Is there anything I can help with at all? What is it you're confused about?
mary20200114
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, if this is the UCAS deadline- can I still apply later in the year for PGCE (September start 2022)?

Thanks
Bobsuruncle165
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Is there anything I can help with at all? What is it you're confused about?
Well I’ve applied through ucas an I was rejected from two unis but wiring for another two to get back however I’m having second thoughts on the subject I chose. I originally chose diagnostic radiography but now I’m thinking about doing nursing instead
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Last year I was really on it, and I applied for Oxbridge so I did it in the October.

This year? I'm just taking a break from writing my personal statement currently...
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i applied to birmingham, warwick, aston, nottingham and sheffield for biochemistry - the day after applying i got an offer from aston!!!!
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
(Original post by mary20200114)
Hi, if this is the UCAS deadline- can I still apply later in the year for PGCE (September start 2022)?

Thanks
The 26th Jan deadline (tomorrow's one) is an equal consideration deadline - meaning that everyone who has applied before this deadline will get the same consideration and chance at a place. Anyone who applies after the deadline will be considered after the initial applications decisions are made for those who made it in before the deadline. So you can still apply, but it's likely to be a longer wait for an answer and you risk the potential of the course being full before they get to yours.

I know teaching applications for those who are in England are being handled by the government and not Ucas this year however, so it may be worth asking your question here just to double check with some of our expert community members on teaching: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6856260

I hope that helps!

(Original post by Bobsuruncle165)
Well I’ve applied through ucas an I was rejected from two unis but wiring for another two to get back however I’m having second thoughts on the subject I chose. I originally chose diagnostic radiography but now I’m thinking about doing nursing instead
Ok, that sounds like a tough one. Have you checked to see if the two universities you are waiting to hear back from offer Nursing? If so, you can contact them to see if they would be willing to change your course to nursing (this would be down to them), but you then run into the problem of your personal statement and application being written for a different subject. Nursing is also very competitive and a lot of universities may have already sent out their interview invites as well, making it tricky to consider you for it.

I would think for a long time before rushing to any decisions and be sure that you want to do Nursing instead before contacting any universities and speak to your family/friends/tutors to help you with your decision. Then chat to the universities directly about your options before asking them to make any kind of course switch (if that is possible). I hope this helps
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
(Original post by SupposedlyIronic)
Last year I was really on it, and I applied for Oxbridge so I did it in the October.

This year? I'm just taking a break from writing my personal statement currently...
Good luck with this years application! :woo:

(Original post by eternaldevotiion)
i applied to birmingham, warwick, aston, nottingham and sheffield for biochemistry - the day after applying i got an offer from aston!!!!
Amazing, congratulations! :heart:
BeccaSX_x
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Oh hi, remember you from the Elat thread! What’s your plan now then? Iirc you dropped out of Durham?
h.h.
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I applied in December got my first offer yesterday and my second offer today.
Bobsuruncle165
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Ok, that sounds like a tough one. Have you checked to see if the two universities you are waiting to hear back from offer Nursing? If so, you can contact them to see if they would be willing to change your course to nursing (this would be down to them), but you then run into the problem of your personal statement and application being written for a different subject. Nursing is also very competitive and a lot of universities may have already sent out their interview invites as well, making it tricky to consider you for it.

I would think for a long time before rushing to any decisions and be sure that you want to do Nursing instead before contacting any universities and speak to your family/friends/tutors to help you with your decision. Then chat to the universities directly about your options before asking them to make any kind of course switch (if that is possible). I hope this helps
Thanks for the advice very much appreciated
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I had a reference request from a student... This afternoon.

Nothing like last minute.
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BeccaSX_x)
Oh hi, remember you from the Elat thread! What’s your plan now then? Iirc you dropped out of Durham?
Oh hey yeah exactly haha!

If you're in Durham I might actually follow you on Instagram based on your username lol but could just be a coincidence. I did drop out, just too much online learning and not sure it was the course for me.
BeccaSX_x
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh hey yeah exactly haha!

If you're in Durham I might actually follow you on Instagram based on your username lol but could just be a coincidence. I did drop out, just too much online learning and not sure it was the course for me.
Good on you for following your gut! I’m not in Durham haha, I wish - I’m hoping to be by October! My IG’s private so I doubt it’s me tbh, would be a nice coincidence! So, if you don’t mind me asking, what’s the plan now?
Wonkagenius
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

What happened last year that made you reapply? What course did you apply to? And ofc good luck!!
Biababyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Sent in my application yesterday so fingers crossed everything works out!
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BeccaSX_x)
Good on you for following your gut! I’m not in Durham haha, I wish - I’m hoping to be by October! My IG’s private so I doubt it’s me tbh, would be a nice coincidence! So, if you don’t mind me asking, what’s the plan now?
Aw thank you, and good luck with Durham!

Well I'm reapplying for psychology but it's my backup plan right now. Preferably I'd be going down the apprenticeships route, maybe one with the BBC if I can. I know it all seems a bit random lol but I'm basically just interested in people. The dream is to be some kind of writer but I love psychology and it's a more respectable route than creative writing I suppose, so if I can get into media that's great but if not then I'll do a degree.

How about you, how are things going?
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Wonkagenius)
What happened last year that made you reapply? What course did you apply to? And ofc good luck!!
Thank you so much!

Last year I went to Durham for English. Loved the place and the people but I don't think they handled covid and grade inflation very well and there were also some more personal issues like they denied one of my modules literally during freshers week so I had to scramble to find a new one which took me like another few weeks because they were all full by that point, a lot of things were still online, and I felt the course was a bit stuck in the past... not for me. So I dropped out because I just wasn't happy.

This year I'm really thinking about apprenticeships but I want university there as a backup almost, or in case I change my mind. I applied to psychology, which was my original plan last year, and I've gone with unis a bit closer to home (Manchester).

I'm sorry I haven't seen if you're applying as well but if you are I wish you luck! In any case have a great day
BeccaSX_x
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Aw thank you, and good luck with Durham!

Well I'm reapplying for psychology but it's my backup plan right now. Preferably I'd be going down the apprenticeships route, maybe one with the BBC if I can. I know it all seems a bit random lol but I'm basically just interested in people. The dream is to be some kind of writer but I love psychology and it's a more respectable route than creative writing I suppose, so if I can get into media that's great but if not then I'll do a degree.

How about you, how are things going?
That sounds like a solid plan!

Well, I’m just waiting for unis to reply atm. I have an offer from Exeter, a rejection from Cambridge and am waiting for Durham, St Andrews and Edinburgh. Durham’s definitely my top choice, so as the equal consideration deadline is today I’m really hoping they reply soon. I’m on a gap year as well, so I’ve just been working, tutoring, volunteering… it was pretty tough to not be going to uni start with but I’ve settled into a good routine now and am looking at doing some environmental work abroad over summer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (133)
43.04%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.48%
No (122)
39.48%

Watched Threads