HasanKhan8321
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently doing EPQ 2 or 3 months away from my deadline and I have the title "Should media be banned from high profile investigations" however I have been told from my advisor that this is too vague and now I am doubting this so what do you think, should I funnel down my title? Any tips/examples for a title if you have any, I was thinking of being more specific and choosing the title: "The influence of media on the George Floyd case".
Last edited by HasanKhan8321; 3 months ago
niaaanz
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
hello! fellow epq taker here (finished and got it graded already hahah) and i think perhaps you could change our question to 'how' instead of should so you have more to talk about. perhaps 'how has the influence of social media affected the court's decision of high profile investigations?' or maybe 'should the influence of the media be considered during the court's decisions of high profile investigations?' hope this helps and best of luck!!
Hoosam
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by niaaanz)
hello! fellow epq taker here (finished and got it graded already hahah) and i think perhaps you could change our question to 'how' instead of should so you have more to talk about. perhaps 'how has the influence of social media affected the court's decision of high profile investigations?' or maybe 'should the influence of the media be considered during the court's decisions of high profile investigations?' hope this helps and best of luck!!
thanks for the reply (on a different account here), what grade did u get? how do you think I could then find research and information to write about such as examples, could you help me with the structure with it please as I'm struggling a bit too much with EPQ right now
niaaanz
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Hoosam)
thanks for the reply (on a different account here), what grade did u get? how do you think I could then find research and information to write about such as examples, could you help me with the structure with it please as I'm struggling a bit too much with EPQ right now
I achieved an A*! (45 marks) I think how I would structure it if I were you would be to list some key factors (maybe 3 or 4) other than the media that also affect high profile investigations. Then, you could create full-fleshed sections about a few modern-day examples as case studies and explain how they affect a case and what you think about their significance towards a court's final decision. ultimately, for your media section you can fully explain the George Floyd case and how effective the media is during high profile investigations and evaluate its effectiveness compared to other factors. in your conclusion you could analyse whether the media should/shouldn't be taken into consideration during investigations and how other factors could contribute more. also, including primary data is extremely beneficial - even if its as simple as recording a table from a survey you conducted. you could potentially send a survey out to people about their opinions of if they think the media shoukd/shouldnt be banned or about how the media has effected their opinion on the George Floyd case. hope this helps!! xx
HasanKhan8321
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by niaaanz)
I achieved an A*! (45 marks) I think how I would structure it if I were you would be to list some key factors (maybe 3 or 4) other than the media that also affect high profile investigations. Then, you could create full-fleshed sections about a few modern-day examples as case studies and explain how they affect a case and what you think about their significance towards a court's final decision. ultimately, for your media section you can fully explain the George Floyd case and how effective the media is during high profile investigations and evaluate its effectiveness compared to other factors. in your conclusion you could analyse whether the media should/shouldn't be taken into consideration during investigations and how other factors could contribute more. also, including primary data is extremely beneficial - even if its as simple as recording a table from a survey you conducted. you could potentially send a survey out to people about their opinions of if they think the media shoukd/shouldnt be banned or about how the media has effected their opinion on the George Floyd case. hope this helps!! xx
thanks for that, the problem im facing now is my research. I have a few cases in mind such as the Kyle Rittenhouse case and the George Floyd case but the problem is that I cant really find any articles on how I want to approach this question, could you advice me on any if possible, thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed