Pharmacology potential careers

Watch this thread
alwaysstruggling
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've applied for pharmacology at uni, it was bit of a last minute/no other choice option for me but I do not know what you could get into with this degree (apart from becoming a pharmacologist)
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by alwaysstruggling)
I've applied for pharmacology at uni, it was bit of a last minute/no other choice option for me but I do not know what you could get into with this degree (apart from becoming a pharmacologist)
Hey there alwaysstruggling :^_^: Why did you feel a bit rushed making your decisions? Do you enjoy Science-type subjects like Biology/Chemistry at school? If you do then that's half the battle, and sometimes focusing in a degree you'll love is a good way to go, and career paths will show themselves to you along the way. For example, you might do a class where they bring in a guest lecturer talking about their career and you could end up inspired to do something similar that you may not have realised before. You might undertake placements that will show you what you love/hate in a workplace too.

Pharmacology plays a part in lots of industries. I know a friend who did a similar degree and at the start of her career worked in drug manufacturing, and now works for the NHS as a scientist in the blood transfusion team so has experienced a few different roles. Your skills will be varied and you'll be able to use them across different environments, and you could even go on to work in some sort of advisory role or research too. It's totally up to you what you'd like to do with your degree, and if you're enjoying it and putting in the hard work then you'll really benefit from doing so To give you a bit more inspo, check the webpages of the universities you've applied to so you can see what their graduates have gone on to do. Here's a link to Strathclyde's so you can see some examples: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/und...ology/#careers. Once you get to uni you can always reach out to the careers team there too and chat with them about your options.

Best of luck with everything!
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (39)
35.14%
The paper was reasonable (43)
38.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
16.22%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
9.91%

Watched Threads