What can I do with a 2.2 from Cambridge

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
In terms of job prospects and possible masters
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Pretty sure my old teacher was in the same position.

... So maybe teach?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SupposedlyIronic)
Pretty sure my old teacher was in the same position.

... So maybe teach?
**** I was hoping it wouldn't get to that
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
What subject is your degree in?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 202628)
What subject is your degree in?
Studying maths, second year
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Accountancy? It depends whether you are prepared to do further studying after Uni.

I’m an accountant - feel free to PM me with any questions.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 202628)
Accountancy? It depends whether you are prepared to do further studying after Uni.

I’m an accountant - feel free to PM me with any questions.
Do you like your job?
And what is it like working like does it make you exhausted and leaves you with no time? (Man some of those social media post criticising 9-5 makes me very scared and upset about the future)
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
I'm assuming you are worried about getting a 2:2, you still have plenty of time to change this
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Plenty of things. Not all graduate schemes/jobs ask for a 2:1 so a 2:2 is not the end of the world. You must be clever being at Cambridge reading mathematics so you'll probably fly through the psychometric tests thrown at you.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Do you like your job?
And what is it like working like does it make you exhausted and leaves you with no time? (Man some of those social media post criticising 9-5 makes me very scared and upset about the future)
Yes, I mostly like my job - as much as anyone can enjoy working!

Usually at the start of your career, you do more overtime to prove yourself and out yourself in line for any promotions etc. I generally only work overtime a couple of times a month when we are busy, but it does depend on the culture of your workplace TBH.

I do have time for leisure activities, but mainly at the weekends, rather than during the week.

Please feel free to ask any more questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise