btec exam what happens if u don’t go

Watch this thread
fmksjdjdjd
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i didnt go to my btec jan exam because i simply wasnt prepared (my fault) and after asking classmates i was told if u dont go to the exam the teacher will either make u redo it within the week or do a new one in june without being capped at a pass (as u would w a retake)... can someone tell me how true this is. im reading and it says if u have no reason they deny ur claim and use other sources to make ur grade but what do they mean by other sources ??? previous mocks, predicated grades or the grades i got for chem and physics ?????
RAY7972
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Mate if you dont have a good excuse , you will fail the year as exam are compulsory units
bamtutor
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
As Ray7972 says the exams are compulsory units so you CAN fail the course. However you should be entered for the May exam, but if you fail that you won't have any chance for a retake. Additionally unless you have a good excuse your Head of Department might not let you sit in May, especially as it costs them money to enrol learners for exams and resits.
fmksjdjdjd
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
As Ray7972 says the exams are compulsory units so you CAN fail the course. However you should be entered for the May exam, but if you fail that you won't have any chance for a retake. Additionally unless you have a good excuse your Head of Department might not let you sit in May, especially as it costs them money to enrol learners for exams and resits.
since i’ve done my physics and chem exam of the same unit and have only missed biology. would i have to redo all 3 or just biology ? it was a horrible mistake and i regret it so much but whats done is done
RAY7972
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by fmksjdjdjd)
since i’ve done my physics and chem exam of the same unit and have only missed biology. would i have to redo all 3 or just biology ? it was a horrible mistake and i regret it so much but whats done is done
ALL 3
Arpita Baidya
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by fmksjdjdjd)
i didnt go to my btec jan exam because i simply wasnt prepared (my fault) and after asking classmates i was told if u dont go to the exam the teacher will either make u redo it within the week or do a new one in june without being capped at a pass (as u would w a retake)... can someone tell me how true this is. im reading and it says if u have no reason they deny ur claim and use other sources to make ur grade but what do they mean by other sources ??? previous mocks, predicated grades or the grades i got for chem and physics ?????
Some people in my class did not go . My teacher said they will have to do it with the people that are doing resits thats all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads