Paramedic Sciences as a second degree

Watch this thread
helscee
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello

I'm applying for paramedic sciences as a second degree. I'm really confused by the financing.

I'm under the impression there's no option to get a second student loan through Student Loans Company is that right?

It does say paramedic sciences students might be able to receive NHS Learning Support Fund... but then on the next page it says that this is only possible if you receive a student loan through the student loans company... So does this mean that doesn't apply to me either as a second degree student?

I'm wondering if there are any funding options at all for a second degree to train as a paramedic? I'm a parent, so I'm not sure if that means anything? I don't think there is, but just a bit confused!

Thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by helscee)
Hello

I'm applying for paramedic sciences as a second degree. I'm really confused by the financing.

I'm under the impression there's no option to get a second student loan through Student Loans Company is that right?

It does say paramedic sciences students might be able to receive NHS Learning Support Fund... but then on the next page it says that this is only possible if you receive a student loan through the student loans company... So does this mean that doesn't apply to me either as a second degree student?

I'm wondering if there are any funding options at all for a second degree to train as a paramedic? I'm a parent, so I'm not sure if that means anything? I don't think there is, but just a bit confused!

Thanks.
Hi, would this be for an upcoming academic year?

New regulations could be different/change but we can't be sure yet.

Thanks, Isaac
helscee
Rep:
H

(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, would this be for an upcoming academic year?

New regulations could be different/change but we can't be sure yet.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac

Yes for 2022 entry. Are the new regulations possibly for 2023, out of interest?

Thanks for your help.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
H

Hi Isaac

Yes for 2022 entry. Are the new regulations possibly for 2023, out of interest?

Thanks for your help.
Currently paramedicine is not an exception course unless the applicant will receive funding from the Ambulance Service Trust (AST).

If you receive no AST funding, your previous study/qualifications will affect eligibility.

The 22/23 regulations have not been fully released yet, so things could change or they could stay the same.
I advise you to contact us again in the middle of March and we will be able to advise on the 22/23 regulations.

Thanks, Isaac
helscee
Rep:
Thank you Isaac, I appreciate the info and will do that.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thank you Isaac, I appreciate the info and will do that.
You're welcome
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.13%
The paper was reasonable (136)
37.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.51%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads