The Student Room Group

University problem!

So I studied a foundation year and passed and then transferred to another university. Student finance offers tuition fees for 5 years and my pharmacy degree is 4 years, plus the year prior which now totals 5 years. However the government might add an extra year for pharmacists to become IPs so the new total course duration should be five years. The problem is I already did a one year foundation year, and plus the new 5 years, it will now be 6 years in total. Will I be kicked off the new final year because I’m not eligible for a tuition loan? How would I pay it, especially since I’ll still be a undergraduate student and not even a graduate yet.
Original post by Ionlikeu
So I studied a foundation year and passed and then transferred to another university. Student finance offers tuition fees for 5 years and my pharmacy degree is 4 years, plus the year prior which now totals 5 years. However the government might add an extra year for pharmacists to become IPs so the new total course duration should be five years. The problem is I already did a one year foundation year, and plus the new 5 years, it will now be 6 years in total. Will I be kicked off the new final year because I’m not eligible for a tuition loan? How would I pay it, especially since I’ll still be a undergraduate student and not even a graduate yet.

Hi there, it's not correct that students can only be funded for 5 years.

Undergraduate full time applicants can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.
Undergraduate part time applicants can receive funding for up to 16 years.

Please confirm the name of your university and course.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending