The Student Room Group

bad predicted grades, good gcse results

will i get accepted to a sixth form if my predicted grades are bad but my actual gcse results are good? could i ever end up in a stuation where by the start of year 12, i wasnt accepted by any colleges/sixth forms? can i apply after results day?

asking cuz my predicted grades are really bad, but im working really hard and i think i can get better in my actual gcse results, but im scared i wont get accepted into any college or sixth form at all. i dont want to spend yr12 and yr13 being homeschooled again.
Original post by someguy22
will i get accepted to a sixth form if my predicted grades are bad but my actual gcse results are good? could i ever end up in a stuation where by the start of year 12, i wasnt accepted by any colleges/sixth forms? can i apply after results day?

asking cuz my predicted grades are really bad, but im working really hard and i think i can get better in my actual gcse results, but im scared i wont get accepted into any college or sixth form at all. i dont want to spend yr12 and yr13 being homeschooled again.

What are your predicted grades? If they’re really low you might not get any offers pre-GCSE results day but if you contact sixth forms after your results (assuming they’re good enough), it’ll be fine I think. They technically have deadlines for applying to 6th form and it’s been for most schools I should imagine but a lot of them will let you in anyway and I know my sixth form let in a girl who hadn’t applied but changed her mind after doing well in her GCSEs. Dw too much as it’s not uni and they’re a lot more lenient at sixth form I think! But do make sure to improve your grades as that’ll give you a better chance

Quick Reply

Latest