Cambridge Adjustment 2022

Watch this thread
ellis23456
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I received a rejection for homerton law today after unsuccessful pooling.
However, at the end of the email , they stated that I met 'adjustment' criteria due to some contextual flags they found within my application.

Can someone explain what adjustment is and consequently what chance I may have to get into Cambridge through the 'summer pool'
jayydah
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
i got the same thing but i don't really understand it either
ellis23456
Rep:
(Original post by jayydah)
did it tell you if you got pooled?
jayydah
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ellis23456)
did it tell you if you got pooled?
no i dont believe i did, but then it says that I meet the criteria for the reconsideration pool
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
no i dont believe i did, but then it says that I meet the criteria for the reconsideration pool
That is what was formerly known as adjustment.
Mikos
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It is essentially just adjustment. Adjustment is a means by which the university fills up places (if it has them) if people have missed their offers on results day.
I would say that in general the chances of receiving an offer through adjustment are pretty low (in other words I’d avoid banking on it) but it’s worth a try imo.
Scotney
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
However, at the end of the email , they stated that I met 'adjustment' criteria due to some contextual flags they found within my application.

Can someone explain what adjustment is and consequently what chance I may have to get into Cambridge through the 'summer pool'
Here are stats https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....ply/statistics
Scotney
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The way to look at this is more like having a raffle ticket.Do not plan around winning a raffle but if you have a ticket you are in the mix.Medicine seems most likely to come up.The last few tears have been a car crash for Adjustment stats and scheme was new just before the pandemic so this year may be more fruitful but do not bank on it at all.
Last edited by Scotney; 3 months ago
ellis23456
Rep:
(Original post by Scotney)
The way to look at this is more like having a raffle ticket.Do not plan around winning a raffle but if you have a ticket you are in the mix.Medicine seems most likely to come up.The last few tears have been a car crash for Adjustment stats and scheme was new just before the pandemic so this year may be more fruitful but do not bank on it at all.
do you have to have been pooled to have a realistic chance at adjustment
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
do you have to have been pooled to have a realistic chance at adjustment
No - we admit people who were not pooled.
Lucyhunter18
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

yesss I had the same thing! I was rejected from Magdalene for history and politics, I’m going to try again for reconsideration as I think I’ve got nothing to lose so I might as well
ellis23456
Rep:
(Original post by Lucyhunter18)
yesss I had the same thing! I was rejected from Magdalene for history and politics, I’m going to try again for reconsideration as I think I’ve got nothing to lose so I might as well
Definitely! - I think we are gonna need 3 A*/4A* to have a real chance tho
good luck!
spudow
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm applicable for adjustment as well - rejected from Homerton comp sci. I looked at the data for the last few years for comp sci and it looks like a 20% chance of getting in which is pretty good
Prettymum
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
did they really use the term "adjustment"? i thought adjustment is no longer offered, Cambridge now uses the term August Reconsideration Pool, right ?
Scotney
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Prettymum)
did they really use the term "adjustment"? i thought adjustment is no longer offered, Cambridge now uses the term August Reconsideration Pool, right ?
They have just renamed system to avoid confusion with ordinary Adjustment which other unis use.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
They have just renamed system to avoid confusion with ordinary Adjustment which other unis use.
Other unis have stopped Adjustment now (from this year)
Scotney
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Other unis have stopped Adjustment now (from this year)
Oh! Are they calling it something else too or stopping it?
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
UCAS has stopped Adjustment from this year because, with the exception of Cambridge, it was barely used in recent years. There were a tiny number of applicants getting places through it, so it wasn't worth running.
(Original post by Prettymum)
We only used the term 'Adjustment' to explain that the August Reconsideration Pool is what used to be called Adjustment. Some posters (and probably me, on occasion) have used the word 'Adjustment' because it's shorter and a more familiar term for the same process.
Isabelm13
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi so I’m eligible for adjustment but wasn’t pooled

I also have pretty average GCSEs and just got my interview feedback which was 5,4 with some quite brutal comments (I’m quite shy and let my nerves get to me)

Is it worth applying for adjustment in august with these stats?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
They are stopping it completely though Clearing of course is still an option (can just feel a bit more risky to applicants)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (14)
22.58%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (7)
11.29%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
6.45%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (8)
12.9%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
25.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
20.97%

Watched Threads