The Student Room Group

Misattributed a quote in my PS

I know...I know...so bad. I quoted Aristotle when really Socrates said it. I know I can't change it but I spent literally months refining my statement and somehow I missed this. So frustrating. The information was correct but just not the person saying it. Hopefully it won't prevent me from getting offers but I'm definitely more stressed now, especially since a big chunk of my PS was philosophy and now I am giving them a reason to doubt what I know. Ugh. Looking for advice/sympathies or if someone has done something similar and it turned out alright. Thanks
definitely an avoidable silly mistake im ngl haha. but I highly doubt its a valid enough reason for admission officers to disregard ur application, esp if you've correctly evaluated/put in the right info regarding the quote. plus personal statements are supposed to mostly be on why ure choosing to study the specific course, not ur knowledge on the subject - so its not the end of the world especially if other components of ur app. r good.
Reply 2
Original post by Kei Maesa
definitely an avoidable silly mistake im ngl haha. but I highly doubt its a valid enough reason for admission officers to disregard ur application, esp if you've correctly evaluated/put in the right info regarding the quote. plus personal statements are supposed to mostly be on why ure choosing to study the specific course, not ur knowledge on the subject - so its not the end of the world especially if other components of ur app. r good.

Thanks for the response, I feel slightly more assured haha. Such a silly mistake though, I can't believe I missed it. But what can you do. I'm applying as an international student too so this whole process has been a shot in the dark for me, especially the statement because its so different from the ones submitted in the US. So fingers crossed it all turns out okay and this doesn't become the bane of my existence

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending