Uni choices

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I can't narrow down my uni choices to five. Can you actually go to a uni you haven't put down as one of your five?
Kei Maesa
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can't narrow down my uni choices to five. Can you actually go to a uni you haven't put down as one of your five?
wdym?? u can only apply to max 5 unis
Mmummy
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Flip a coin or several if it comes to it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kei Maesa)
wdym?? u can only apply to max 5 unis
Yeah but tbh I don't really understand the whole 'accepting offers' thing so say I don't get offers or if I do, can I not apply to another uni at any point?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Yeah but tbh I don't really understand the whole 'accepting offers' thing so say I don't get offers or if I do, can I not apply to another uni at any point?
if u accept an offer u are agreeing you’ll take up that place at that uni…if u change ur mind later u could withdraw and go through clearing but choices are limited then
Anonymous #1
if u accept an offer u are agreeing you’ll take up that place at that uni…if u change ur mind later u could withdraw and go through clearing but choices are limited then
Is there a deadline for accepting offers? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions I just honestly have no clue about the whole application process as I haven't been told anything really ;(
heccyeah
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
You choose 5 unis max.
If you get offers:
You can choose one to be your firm choice (if you meet the grades / offer conditions, you will go there)
You can choose one to be your insurance (you only go here if you miss the conditions for your firm, but meet the conditions for your insurance)
If you get no offers:
You can use ucas extra to apply to one additional course at a time, though your choices may be more limited

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-types-offer

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a.../extra-choices

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r.../what-clearing
heccyeah
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Is there a deadline for accepting offers? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions I just honestly have no clue about the whole application process as I haven't been told anything really ;(
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...raduate-offers
Kei Maesa
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
u can only firm 2 unis after receiving a response from all 5 unis uve applied to. if u didn't receive any offers, then u will probably have to go thru clearing or consider a gap year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.5%
The paper was reasonable (167)
37.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.76%
It was TERRIBLE (70)
15.87%

Watched Threads