How long do 6th forms/collages typically take before offering an interview?

Watch this thread
0ll13
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Do they wait until they finish taking applications? Also do they tell you if they aren't going to offer you an interview? Or is it more of a it depends on the one you're trying to go to kinda thing? Sorry if this question is stupid I'm just really worried about it.
larry128
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 0ll13)
Do they wait until they finish taking applications? Also do they tell you if they aren't going to offer you an interview? Or is it more of a it depends on the one you're trying to go to kinda thing? Sorry if this question is stupid I'm just really worried about it.
did you have to sit an entrance exam?
0ll13
Rep:
(Original post by larry128)
did you have to sit an entrance exam?
no, none of the schools i applied for had them
larry128
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 0ll13)
no, none of the schools i applied for had them
ohh okay so you apply and then they may offer you an interview based on ur application and depending on how well you do, you get offered a place?
I think depending on if the school you applied to is a grammar, comprehensive or private then replies vary ,private schools often give out places quite early whereas the other schools give them slightly later however I may be wrong.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Depends really.

Daughter applied for 4 sixth form colleges in October, and had interviews in November.

She applied for a further one in November, and hasn't had an interview yet, but they did post on their Facebook page that they're behind with processing applications so interviews will take place shortly, so I think in general they're just being a bit slow.
0ll13
Rep:
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Depends really.

Daughter applied for 4 sixth form colleges in October, and had interviews in November.

She applied for a further one in November, and hasn't had an interview yet, but they did post on their Facebook page that they're behind with processing applications so interviews will take place shortly, so I think in general they're just being a bit slow.
oh ok thank you for your help!
0ll13
Rep:
(Original post by larry128)
ohh okay so you apply and then they may offer you an interview based on ur application and depending on how well you do, you get offered a place?
I think depending on if the school you applied to is a grammar, comprehensive or private then replies vary ,private schools often give out places quite early whereas the other schools give them slightly later however I may be wrong.
ohhh okay tyyyyyyy
Bubbles_54
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 0ll13)
Hi ! I’m in y12 and I was also worried
The school I’m in rn the deadline was January and they didn’t tell me if I had an offer until April.
Some schools I applied to take a whileeee to reply so don’t panic. Some of the schools I applied to said they do interviews and my friends got interviews and I didn’t but I still got an offer in the end ! I say don’t worry too much about the replies you will receive more further into the year closer to ur GCSEs

Did u apply to lots of sixth forms?

if you have any questions I’m happy to help
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
My old 6th form was quite quick. But then again it was the 6th form at my old secondary school (a comprehensive school). The interviews were done after the closing date for applications. And they offered you a place straight away as long as you were predicted to get the required grades to get in (at least 5 a*-c grades, plus usually at least a grade c in the specific subjects you were doing- unless it was a subject that isnt really offered at GCSE).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (95)
39.92%
The paper was reasonable (113)
47.48%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
7.56%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
5.04%

Watched Threads