The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths Fine Art with Foundation or Not (American Student)

Hello,

I am an international student from the US applying to Goldsmiths. I had planned to apply to the Fine Arts Extension course (integrated international foundation/BA four-year programme), but now am wondering if I should apply without foundation. It seems the FA Extension is geared toward people who need to improve English language skills. Is this so? I'm interested in the Fine Art and History of Art course. If I apply straight to that instead and am lucky enough to be made an offer, is there the possibility I might still receive an offer for the Extension because I'm not from the UK? Thank you. I'm having a bit of last minute panic.
Original post by ulfbaby
Hello,

I am an international student from the US applying to Goldsmiths. I had planned to apply to the Fine Arts Extension course (integrated international foundation/BA four-year programme), but now am wondering if I should apply without foundation. It seems the FA Extension is geared toward people who need to improve English language skills. Is this so? I'm interested in the Fine Art and History of Art course. If I apply straight to that instead and am lucky enough to be made an offer, is there the possibility I might still receive an offer for the Extension because I'm not from the UK? Thank you. I'm having a bit of last minute panic.

Hi! I don't have an answer but I have recently applied to the extension and I am also from America. Did you decide to do goldsmiths extension program?
Original post by LizzyDemar
Hi! I don't have an answer but I have recently applied to the extension and I am also from America. Did you decide to do goldsmiths extension program?

Yeah, I did apply to the extension program and got an offer. I'm trying to decide what to do. HBU? Are you going?
Original post by ulfbaby
Yeah, I did apply to the extension program and got an offer. I'm trying to decide what to do. HBU? Are you going?I

I'm waiting on an interview but if I get an offer then I think so. Would you be doing fine arts?
Mine is next week. Would you be doing the extension? Also why London?
Original post by LizzyDemar
Mine is next week. Would you be doing the extension? Also why London?

Yes, I'd be in the extension course. Why London? Well, I went a few years ago and really liked it and I honestly would like to live outside of the US. I'm still considering going to school in the States. I just don't know, especially since I haven't seen any of the UK schools. HBU? Oh, and good luck next week! My screen wouldn't share so I couldn't show the tutor my pieces. I thought that would be that but thankfully it wasn't a big deal.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ulfbaby
Yes, I'd be in the extension course. Why London? Well, I went a few years ago and really liked it and I honestly would like to live outside of the US. I'm still considering going to school in the States. I just don't know, especially since I haven't seen any of the UK schools. HBU? Oh, and good luck next week! My screen wouldn't share so I couldn't show the tutor my pieces. I thought that would be that but thankfully it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah fair enough, thats the same deal with me. I really want to experience a new culture and place outside of the US. I think it would help me grow and from what I've heard London is beautiful. Thank you! What kind of art do you make?

Quick Reply

Latest